Author Topic: 1990 Al Teague video clip.  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Mr411Fan

1990 Al Teague video clip.
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
Paul Monds recently let me take this clip out of his home video from Aug 1990.  Action starts at about 1:20.    Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugdO0yJqIiY
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:10:42 PM by Mr411Fan »

Offline Bob Drury

Re: 1990 Al Teague video clip.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
  Ah, the memories of that bring a lot of smiles from me.
  I remember watching Al shoehorn himself in and later learned that he was claustrophobic in the cockpit.
  I also remember watching in horror the year his Streamliner erupted in flames and feared the worst as I watched the car still going down the course with flames and smoke trailing.  What a relief it was to see him o.k. back in the pits.
  Lastly I remember my rookie year (1998) and wandering into his pit while trying to track down a badly needed AN fitting.  Al said he was busy but to go look through a certain bin and help myself.  He didn't know me from Jack Sh*t, but wouldn't take a dime.  I have never forgotten nor have I or will I turn down another racer's needs because of what Al taught me.
  If we ever have a Grand Marshall at Speedweek, I vote for Al Teague, a true Lowbuck racer with a Highbuck Heart.

Bob Drury  aka ol' one run.
Bob Drury

Offline salt27

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »
I remember watching Al's crew trying to fire "Old Betsy" when a fiber washer broke on the starter causing a short.

They used the lid I gave them off of my film container to fashion a new washer.

Al walked over, thanked me and then chatted with me for a while.

He is a gentleman.

Don

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:16 PM »
He is Bonneville.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »

He is Bonneville.

Without a doubt.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Mr411Fan

Temple's Gotcha'
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
I remember watching Al's crew trying to fire "Old Betsy" when a fiber washer broke on the starter causing a short.

They used the lid I gave them off of my film container to fashion a new washer.

Al walked over, thanked me and then chatted with me for a while.

He is a gentleman.

Don
I remember the starter taking a $hit, I just don't remember how I fixed it. Looks like we've met before Don.
A lot of people have some great stories on what we did & when but to us it all seems to run together into a big fat blurr.
This might be the place for people to tell those stories, I know Al would get a kick out of it.
I started working with Al back in 87 when Betsy was still in his Mothers (Margaret) garage in San Gabriel, any body got any pics of that?
  Sid.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
Here's a great video clip that's been here before . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkVB-t-Z7o&feature=email

Hope that works
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
And, once again, here's a shot of The Roadster I took in 1972(?) that's been seen in Rodder's Journal (borrowed?).  Any one else wants a big printable file in either 5x7, 8x10 or 8x12 format, PM me your preference and I'll send you one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:49:29 PM by Stan Back »

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 12:47:46 PM »
I've got some. They're old, faded,etc. Maybe someone could clean them up and post them. If someone can, I will send the pictures to them. The pictures of Betsy shown in the magazine at Allen's old shop doesn't do justice to where and the conditions under which it was really built.
Also have a few taken at George's garage of the different roadster hoods, etc. hanging on the walls, when the roadster was at Bob Hansen,s shop getting the cage updated.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 03:24:03 PM »
Here's a great video clip that's been here before . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkVB-t-Z7o&feature=email

Hope that works
Sliding the clutch on a 2nd gear start in the wet salt at the 11mile on a return run. Still drivin the Jimmy so 95 or earlier.
  Sid.

Offline desotoman

Re: Temple's Gotcha'
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1eozTjYLGI

Thanks Mr411Fan. That video reminds me of the Simon And Garfunkel song.
Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Mr411Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »