Author Topic: New European helmet rule , Brits beware  (Read 1819 times)

Swift33

New European helmet rule , Brits beware
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:28:22 AM »
Hi Guys,

This is one for the Brits and Europeans .

The new rule allows the use of European spec helmets , having just bought an AGV GP-TECH helmet which meets the rules , I have found out it won't pass tech inspection due to the helmet not having the spec sticker on it .

Looks like this is common practice in the UK , so please check your helmet.

Maybe in the future we can use certification as proof , but initial feed back is that it must have a sticker.

I have a post started in the rules section.

Good luck guys , and check your lid !!

Offline nrhs sales

Re: New European helmet rule , Brits beware
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:54:20 PM »
european spec helmets typically do not use a sticker.  instead the certification is normally on the chin strap.  That should be all tech would need to see i would think as it is a lot harder to fake a chin strap then it is a simple sticker.

Offline mbuk

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
The certification on the chin strap is a homoligation number something like 55019 which will not mean anything to a tech inspector or anyone . Matt Shuss (Chief motorcycle inspector) is looking at a way of resolving this.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
The certification on the chin strap is a homoligation number something like 55019 which will not mean anything to a tech inspector or anyone

That is incorrect. You might want to do a bit more research on what the circle with the letter and the number mean on the chin strap on Euro Spec helmets.