Author Topic: Log Books  (Read 6032 times)

Offline jlmccuan

• Rabid Snail Racing
Log Books
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
Is there an example of a properly maintained log book available for viewing online?  If not, would it be possible for an experienced racer to show his?  I've got tons of little questions that a simple example piece would answer.

Thanks,
Jim
Rabid Snail Racing

Offline dw230

Re: Log Books
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
Have you seen one? The book is pretty close to self-explanatory.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
I would suggest just ordering one.  They're, what, $10.00 or something like that, and they get you your SCTA-BNI registration sticker, which you're going to need anyway.

Can't seem to find an order form on the scta-bni site, but I'm certain an e-mail will get one coming to you.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
I know you can buy one at the salt, but not sure you can get it at the store...
What would like to know or see?  I doubt any of ours are great examples, but we have the old small type and the newer large one for the lakester.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline modelAsteve

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:07 PM »
Most guys get a 3 ring binder and keep sharp pictures and e-mails in it. Keep everything! Take pictures of areas where the inspectors might not be able to see. This will speed things up on the "new car inspection".

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
ModelAsteveis right on. Take care of your book. Fill out the front pages, only you can do it after you see what it is. If your buying a current running vehicle insist on the log book in the deal.

As an inspector before log books we had it tough. Looking back at previous inspections and recommendations helps those doing the current inspection. Pictures answers a lot of questions.

. Also some advice on your first inspection. Sit in your vehicle at home with all the safety equipment on. Adjust your belt with your suit on. Make sure all limb restraints keep you with in the roll cage area. Touch everything pulled in tight. Have the guy whose going to help you in line do it at home too. Become a team. No one is going to time you getting out. You are to safely stop your car, undo the restraining devices and get out safely as quick as you can. Every car is different....good luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »
I keep all of our logbooks in one big three ring binder.  Not only does it make it easier to keep track of the notes, letters, and emails that I want with the logs, but also it seems to make at least some of the inspectors happy to have a solid thing to hang on to when inspecting.  And the log book doesn't get all loose and falling-apart, either.  And best of all -- our logs are kept together and easy to find.  We keep them in one of the cabinets in the race trailer.

In other words, here's one more vote for a three ring binder. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jlmccuan

• Rabid Snail Racing
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
I have a log book and I'm not very far along in the build, so I'd like to keep it current.  Does anyone have access to a scanner and would be willing to share a peek at their pages?
Rabid Snail Racing

Offline 64avanti

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »
Jim,
I can share my pages with you.  I will scan them sometime this week and email them.

Offline jlmccuan

• Rabid Snail Racing
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
Thanks, Dave.
Rabid Snail Racing