Author Topic: July 2014 Test and Tune  (Read 108833 times)

Offline Wester

Re: July 2014 Test and Tune
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »
Your You Tube video identification is wrong.  The Test & Tune was all USFRA and volunteers paying their own way at that.  SCTA had nothing to do with it.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Here is a vid from our outing with the Carbiliner. It was a very successful trip for us, big thanks to the USFRA for putting this on. We had some mechanical difficulties with fuel delivery and a small issue with chutes that we were able to overcome. All-in-all, the car performed well and handled superbly. Top speed for us on over the weekend was our second pass at 273mph.

http://youtu.be/qUrDCXj5S6s?list=UUudh2K7DaZfmUIiOXH-DYzw

Nice video and it was great seeing the car and meeting you guys.

Here are some screen shots from the video....

Was the puff of what looked like smoke before the chutes came out engine related?   Looking forward to seeing you guys next month,

Sum

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »
Hi Sum,
Very cool what you did with the screen shots. Yes, the black smoke was engine related. I got the map a bit messed up when I was chasing the tune before we realized we had a fuel pressure issue.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2014, 10:41:48 PM »
Rob I feel like you know this-- but I suggest that you look into the "hankie" pilots like B S has me on now---- the bag gets all the way out before the chute comes out of the bag---much softer hit than before---but I am only up to 227 so far
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2014, 12:29:54 PM »
I dumped a couple hundred pictures I took at the Test-and-Tune into a photobucket account last night.  I'd put them on my site but they take up too much room and I don't want my hosting fees to go any higher than they are.

Some are overall car shots...

and some show detail....

Here is a link that will get you to 194 more pictures of the meet ....

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/1FATGMC/library/

.......... I hope it works as I've never personally used photobucket before (let me know if it doesn't),

Sum

Offline sabat

« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
Thanks Sumner  :cheers:  Dean

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Awesome pictures Sum!  :cheers: The link works just fine. Thanks for amping me up for Speed Week!

As if I needed it.  :-D
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline superleggera

« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »
Thanks Sumner!

quick question -- how did Sam Wheeler #999 do? (this would be the initial shakedown runs after the multi-year rebuild)
- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline bubruins

« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Thanks Sumner!

quick question -- how did Sam Wheeler #999 do? (this would be the initial shakedown runs after the multi-year rebuild)

Sam didn't run.  I guess they were trying to get there Thurs/Fri. but didn't have the bike done.  Alan, of BMR fame, drove them all Sat. night to get there Sunday morning.  The following is my understanding of what then happened, so it might be wrong.

Sam was asked to do a bail-out and couldn't get in the liner with his new suit.  So then I guess he put on his old suit and still couldn't get in because of helmet (maybe also new??) issues.  So they pushed the bike over for a photo shoot.

From the cockpit to the rear wheel/tire it is about all new with the tubo Busa and intercooler and also a new 2 speed transmission with belt drive from it to the rear wheel.  I think gear drive between the busa output shaft and the 2 speed transmission but I might not have that right.

My understanding is they have the 2 speed in low range and take off with the busa transmission in low.  Then switch to 2nd in the 2 speed trans., still in low on the busa trans.  Then leave it there and make the rest of the gear changes with the busa transmission.

We all complain about packaging problems, but none of us have packaged so much into so little space as what Sam has accomplished.  It is an amazing piece of engineering...

Sum
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:12:19 AM by Sumner »

Offline Tom Liberatore

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »
Here is the latest Pepperoni Bros. Video from the T&T by Steve Oliveria, music by my kickass band, JOJO Way!
http://youtu.be/d6aizD4Va3A
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »
Tom, check your private messages, I sent you a note.

To everyone that has posted photos, thank you. We are busy and forget to take pictures most of the time. ♥♦♣♠

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
Tom thankx for the great video!!
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
What a great video! That was fun. Thanks Tom.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »
In deed!  Very nice!   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!