Author Topic: July 2014 Test and Tune  (Read 108842 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: July 2014 Test and Tune
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:05 PM »
Mike,
We made the decision to proceed with this at our most recent club meeting. Our web master Dan was not in attendance.  That was the long way round of answering your question with a "no".  But now that you have reminded me that we need to address that, I will contact Dan and get it done.
I believe it is posted on our facebook page, (although I cannot personally verify as I am not a facebooker).
The club officers are meeting again this weekend to go over the financial aspects of this meet and we will post additional
information next week.
Monte.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
I think you will get a lot of support to do the event. I am available to announce.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:56 AM »
I think you will get a lot of support to do the event. I am available to announce.

I like this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Tom Liberatore

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39:35 PM »

I like this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me too, Pepperoni Bros. will be there!!!
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Now all us easterners need is someone with one of those oversized planes that can load 30 or so cars in its belly to stop by and pick us up on its way to the salt.
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
The official information and entry forms for the July Test and Tune meet has now been posted on Saltflats.com. 
As has been mentioned before, this will be a bare bones event.  We are not opening it to casual spectators in an
effort to keep the manpower requirements to a minimum.
We are hoping this will be a benefit to the racers and allow them a place to get their vehicles better prepared for the
upcoming race season.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »
The date is the same weekend as El Mirage.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
Dean, we looked at alternative dates but with having to get a permit from the BLM and Tooele County plus book the
ambulance and fire, it was narrowed down to the dates we have. We were aware that we would be scheduling the
same weekend as El Mirage. Unfortunate but unavoidable.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
Any of you long distance guys that want to do the Test and Tune AND Speedweek between crewmember Gus Ryan and myself we have a place to leave your Trailers and Race Cars between the events. Some of it is inside (for open trailers). and we have a fair amount outside. This is 250 miles from the Salt. Realistically you could fly home between the events and save a bunch of travel time. Wayno

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
More news on the July Test and Tune meet.  The original post stated that there would be no licensing for new drivers.  This has been
ammended and we will be able to issue licenses up to and including the B catagory.  Any newly constructed or existing vehicle that has
not officially met the requirements to run as a "long course" vehicle will still be required to do so at one of the sactioned meets.  In other words we can issue up to a B license for a driver but not issue a long course sticker.  I suspect I have made that "as clear as mud".
We currenty have 21 entries.  We need 50 to make the event happen. So if you are planning on participating but haven't sent us your
entry, you have until April 15th.  The entry fee is $300.00 which includes the $35.00 for course prep. See you in July.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Monte, I'm still coming. If you could get 'em to double up on my Social Security checks it'd sure help.  :roll: Wayno

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 12:12:45 PM »
I realize that I should have mentioned that entry forms and information are on the USFRA web site, saltflats.com. 

Wayno, we missed you at the monthly meeting last night. We are all excited for July.  I have sent a request to the Social
Security office on your behalf.  I'm confident you will receive the alloted money s    o    o    n.
Monte.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
Monte, it's a choice between the 300 mile round trip to the meeting every month or using that gas money and time for racing. I'll live on dog food to go racing but not generic dog food if I can help it.  :-P Wayno

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03:24 PM »
Monte, it's a choice between the 300 mile round trip to the meeting every month or using that gas money and time for racing. I'll live on dog food to go racing but not generic dog food if I can help it.  :-P Wayno

Wayno... I hear some of it tastes like chicken....  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
Perhaps I should have been more clear. I meant dry dog food. The canned stuff makes me break out.  :-P Wayno