Author Topic: Speed Week TV programming  (Read 7255 times)

Offline BobDcuda

Speed Week TV programming
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
FYI - starting on January 16 (2014) there will be a program airing on TV - by subscription - that was filmed during 2012 Speed Week.  It includes 6 one-hour episodes, each featuring 3 different teams (including mine/hard-luck rookies).  It was produced by a Canadian crew and is being aired by radX.  At www.radx.ca there's a 30 second preview under "Landspeed Heroes", along with info on how to subscribe to their programming.  None of the listed TV providers are available in my area, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it.  Don't know if it will be accessible through YouTube or Facebook.  If you manage to figure out how to watch this outside of one of the designated subscription areas, please let me know.

Offline BobDcuda

Re: Speed Week TV programming
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
Here's a link to an earlier clip that I believe will be a part of the first episode.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIN3C-ABgro

Offline Ro Yale

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »
That was really good. I'd like to see the whole series.
Racers Race and Whiners Whine!

limo123

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
Awesome! That's really very good for us.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »
Some short "trailers" were posted recently for each of these 6 episodes, and here are the links.  Only a couple of them include footage from the actual episodes, but they are representative of their work.  All episodes have now been broadcast through the Canadian subscription format, and they've made some effort to get these into the US viewing market.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsmt8H12_ow
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAnekjfurs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGJrslSVuw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1jPlGm-Wj8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uyczJGwMO
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZwoMoiU3-s
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:03:50 PM by BobDcuda »

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:36:15 PM »
Oops, that 5th episode should be:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uyczJGwM0

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
Bob --

Number 4 ain't working (for me) either.

For a set amount of time (3 hours?) you can get back in your posts and "Modify" them.  Just hit the Modify button and change them, the Save (or Post?).

Better than making another post to correct.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Stan, I got 'er fixed.   :-)

Offline tauruck

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
Bob, I watched those trailers.

Thanks. :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
I've seen all of the entire programs.  Jeff Blundell, the producer guy, got in touch with me quite a while before SW to ask some basic questions about Bville -- so he'd have a head start on knowing what he might want to do once he and his crews got to the salt.  He stopped by the pit and we stayed in touch (obviously) throughout the event.

He's been sending me the programs, complete, since they were done, with the caveat that I'm not to distribute them in any way 'til he gives permission.  In other words, someone else has rights for first runs.  But I would hope that someday he'll find it in his heart/legal paperwork to let us import the whole batch of megabytes so we could archive the shows - somehow.  The ones that I have are pretty high quality and need a really fast download speed to watch, so his suggestion is to copy each to a disc so it can be watched in real time, not herky-jerky speed.

Anyway, I've got all six of them here and will some day hope to be allowed to share them.  They're pretty good for giving some idea of the stuff that we all go through out there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com