Author Topic: touchy subject  (Read 4296 times)

Offline hawkwind

touchy subject
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:51:14 AM »
Hoping I can get some answers here........Im from Australia and some time back I ordered and paid for a set of gen 1 engine cases which had all the oil mods done and ARP half inch studs..... from my last email with the vendor they were ready to be sent and we were working on some way to get them to Bonneville  so one of the ausie teams could bring them back .....now this is where it gets touchy and im at a loss of where to start and how to proceed ..... The person I was dealing with was Bill Warner who very sadly and tragically passed away last year......I have no idea who to contact to finish the deal ......I have left it this long out of respect and not wishing to appear hard or callous BUT I don't want to be out of pocket either .....any help would be appreciated.

PS im a long time LSR  salt racer and am known by some LSR  MC community in the USA .....im placing this message on several message boards as I have hit a dead end on how  or who to contact.

Cheers
slower than most

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: touchy subject
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Contact some of your Au buddies---first---I would not want to bust others by alerting OTHERS about racer going ons

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline sabat

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »
Do you mean Bill sold you the cases, or was he going to take them to Bonneville?

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
I can't see why this is a touchy subject.
Your business deal was interrupted by a tragic set of circumstances.

It still is a money transaction that needs to be completed. If you paid for the items you still need to have them delivered.
If Bill Warner's family or business has possession of your engine case then you need to contact them.
Send them a copy of the bill of sale, have the vendor send you a letter confirming that the parts were delivered to Mr. Warner and forward a copy to the family or business.

You need to have a plan for someone to pick up the parts and deliver them to you.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:19:53 PM »
Sabat .....Bill supplied all parts ......no idea who did the machining .....Basically im looking for a contact or number to get in touch with Bills executor.
Sparky tried over here for a contact ....unsuccessful
Thanks for the replies

cheers
slower than most

Offline sabat

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
Try Steve Knecum, he built Bill's engines. http://knecumpower.com/

And while I have you, could you respond to my question about Modified bikes running against Altered records in the "What" thread??   :-D

Dean

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
Gary: The last time Bill mentioned the cases to me was about a year ago. They were completed (Done by Rick Stetson at Harry's Machine) and at Bill's place. The details after that are a little fuzzy, either the shipping was too expensive, or he couldn't get in touch with you. Bill's brother Raymond is living at the farm, the only contact is by mail. The address is: Raymond Warner  100 Ninth St.  Wimauma, Fl. 33598 . Send me your email and I will stay in touch with you.  larryforstall@aol.com

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »
Thanks Larry email sent :-)
slower than most