Author Topic: Richard Parks sent this notice along to me  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Richard Parks sent this notice along to me
« on: January 04, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »
I just got this and thought that there's a chance some of you would be interested in one or more of the items mentioned.  I've cut off a bit at the end where it showed availability to buy these so it isn't a commercial, so to speak.  If you want more info - asked me or Richard Parks.Here 'tis:

Happy New Year from Richard Parks and Roger Rohrdanz:
     Harry Pallenberg and Harold Osmer have produced a video called WHERE THEY RACED, about racing venues in Southern California.  You can see it at www.wheretheyraced.com.  I'm in the drag racing portion, but I won't win any Oscars.
     THE BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS: Two Decades of Photography by Peter Vincent has been reviewed on www.hotrodhotline.com.  It is an amazing work of black and white, plus color photographs of the Salt Flats.
     A trailer for the movie SNAKE AND MONGOO$E on the lives of Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen can be seen at http://snakeandmongoosemovie.com/about
     The SANTA ANA AIRPORT DRAGSTRIP (1950-1959) Reunion is held twice a year in April and October at Santiago Creek Park in Orange, California.
     The GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW will be held on January 24-26, 2014 at the Los Angeles County Fairplex in Pomona, California.
     CRUISIN' FOR A CURE is held at the Orange County Fairgrounds, in Costa Mesa, California on the last Saturday in September of each year and is the largest one day event in the area.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com