Author Topic: Scaaty Racing Studebaker  (Read 56085 times)

Offline GH

Re: Scaaty Racing Studebaker
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
Looks like you did a great job on the old Stude. Now go have some fun, wish I were going to be there.

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 12:58:06 AM »
 :-( Scaaty made it to speed week. Everybody knows the story of what happened by now. My face was as long as the rest. Saturday Ed Finn meet me to  tech my car. I did not have a ck off sheet so we just went over the car. All I got was praise. For those of you that have been watching it has been a 3 year build. We have studied-watched - taken pictures- asked questions. We did our home work and it paid off. Yes I was and am disappointed that I did not get to run Scaaty on the salt. There is no fault or blame to be place on anybody or group. It just happened- we can not control the weather. If able I will run at Wilmington next month. As in the past 2 Speed weeks I have attended I made new friends and saw old ones. I got to meet Vern Tardel and he checked out Scaaty- All praise. This made it better also. I felt bad for my engine builder and his grandson that followed me out but they had a blast meeting people and looking at the cars. We will be back next year and for years to come if God is willing and the creek don't rise :-D. Because after all   It's all fun   Don
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC
It's all fun  ECTA 2 Club Member  SAVE THE SALT

Offline tauruck

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:27 AM »
Not much one could add to that. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2014, 09:09:23 AM »
We are back at it. The 3 of us worked on Scaaty yesterday. Making plans for next year. Some changes but mostly finish what we couldn't get ready this year. We talked about running Wilmington next month but decided against it. All ahead full for Speed week 2015.  It's all fun Don
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC

Offline GH

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
Don, It was great visiting with you at the Springfield Swap Meet, too bad you had to run with that OKIE.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »
Hey Don, we'll hold our breath along with you until next year.
I think it will be worth it. :cheers:

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »
Since my return from speed week I have been overwhelmed by the support from home town folks. Seems I can't go anywhere without someone asking about to car or the trip. The same goes for my wife. I never realized how many people were keeping up with Scaaty. I have been asked by the local antique car club to bring her to the annual car show this week end. I was surprised by this because they can be a hard nose bunch about restored antiques cars.  So off the jack stands and on the trailer. Since we didn't get to run the next best thing is talking about the car. Who knows maybe I will find a sponsor.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
You already have a major sponsor---TKI---the same as mine  "The Kids Inheritance"   :roll:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Sparky - I got a good laugh. You are right :-D  She did tell me I could have built her a house for what I have in the car.  When I'm gone ( along time from now) she can down size and live in the car.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »
Sparky and don:

On the tailgate of our pickup we've got a two-liner.  The first line is the one you're using and we've all seen a zillion times:  "We're spending the kids' inheritance...", but the second line is the kicker:  "...but they'll have cool stories to tell about us."

How many kids can say that Grandpa and Gramma raced at the Bonneville Salt Flats and went over (insert your speed here)?  Nancy and I say our grandkids are talking about us as the old ones that have both set records over 200 on motorcycles.  That makes the other kids at school sit up and listen. :-D :-D  Try such a line on your kids/grandkids.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
Slim  How right you are. We are a select bunch of individuals. I will use you line in the near future.
I have my Speed week calendar in place, counting the days to Speed week 2015.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »
Well salt fever may finally be catching up with my oldest---I sure hope so
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
Whatever you do Don, or how long you have to wait. It will be worth it.

Still my favourite build. :cheers: :wink:

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 12:38:14 PM »
Thanks Tauruck Having a lot of fun. Maybe we can meet on the salt one day.
Excited about having the car in the local show. So much support in a small community is really cool.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
Scaaty has been winterized. She is up on jack stands. Plans are to finish the belly pan. Have a couple of small items to address as per tech inspection. Thinking about adding a cool can to fuel system.  Don't have to work day and night as I did before speed week. Still having fun and counting the days till speed week 2015.  It's all fun  Don
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC