Author Topic: Michael Schumacher in coma  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Michael Schumacher in coma
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 11:24:57 PM »
I love how you old farts like to be the experts on just about everything you read on the computer.  You have the ability to read at a fifth grade level and post on the world wide web.  Your lack of education and ignorance just may get you a guest spot on Duck Dynasty.  Your generation will die out in a decade or so and the world will be a more tolerant place.  Do some reading on a subject you know nothing about.  More people die skiing with a helmet then those without.  Seriously most of you old clowns know squat.  Carry on.  Sparky where do you ski?  Where do you guys get your info from?  Well?  SSS really?

SKI123, with your attitude you probably won't find a lot of help or co-operation on this board.

While the context was there you didn't make it clear that you were referring to ski helmets. Most of us think instantly of crash helmets for motorized sport and that's how we take what you said.

Referring to us as old farts and insulting our reading ability just brands you as a young puke.

I think you might be surprised at the number of us who have spent a lot of time in our younger years skiing in the mountains. I have very easy access to the Banff area and a lot of people in the Pacific North West, the mountainous areas of the North East, Utah and California have similar situations.

When you don't make a clear statement and then insult those who disagree because you weren't clear in what you said, you bring on the criticism you're getting. I think you owe an apology to those you chose to trash. Are you mature enough to do that?

Pete (Old Fart)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:38:52 PM by Peter Jack »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »
I love how you old farts like to be the experts on just about everything you read on the computer.  You have the ability to read at a fifth grade level and post on the world wide web.  Your lack of education and ignorance just may get you a guest spot on Duck Dynasty.  Your generation will die out in a decade or so and the world will be a more tolerant place.  Do some reading on a subject you know nothing about.  More people die skiing with a helmet then those without.  Seriously most of you old clowns know squat.  Carry on.  Sparky where do you ski?  Where do you guys get your info from?  Well?  SSS really?

Do you have a bibliography you would like to share with us?

Chris (Loud Fart in a Library)
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 11:42:42 PM »
"More people die skiing with a helmet then those without."

In the same exact situation as each other? While I'm not a fan of things like forced helmet use while riding a bike or something, I'm less a fan of number manipulation for an end. Wayno

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »
i hate it for schumacher . ive skied for almost 40 yrs. worked as as lift ops/ maintenance at a 1/2 dozen resorts , wa, co, ak.  ski helmets are glorified bicycle helmets. you dont have to hit very hard before your still gonna get knocked stupid. i have more then twice with the ski helmets of the modern era. in the early 80s , i skied at alpental with my bell moto III with the visor off. my neck felt sore but my head felt safe. i hope he comes through this.

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »
I love how you old farts like to be the experts on just about everything you read on the computer.  You have the ability to read at a fifth grade level and post on the world wide web.  Your lack of education and ignorance just may get you a guest spot on Duck Dynasty.  Your generation will die out in a decade or so and the world will be a more tolerant place.  Do some reading on a subject you know nothing about.  More people die skiing with a helmet then those without.  Seriously most of you old clowns know squat.  Carry on.  Sparky where do you ski?  Where do you guys get your info from?  Well?  SSS really?

You played no-score soccer, didn't you?

Let the rage flow. You need to get it out of your system.
Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
NO-Score---lmao---when I grew up it was before soccer in the South ---before the invasion of the soccer players form the South
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:46:47 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bbarn

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
"Your generation will die out in a decade or so and the world will be a more tolerant place."

Ha, I love it. People that claim to be about tolerance that cannot display one ounce of tolerance for any ideal but their own. What a horrible argument you make. You are standing on the bodies of the dead to proclaim your views and have zero respect for those "old farts" that granted you the freedom to speak like a petulant child.

For the record, I am not an "old fart" and I'll be around long enough to make this world a miserable place for you intolerant bastards that think your ideas are the best. Go suck on an egg!

BTW, I will not comment further on the subject for two reasons: First, I have said my piece, you can choose to like it or not, I don't really care. Secondly, I know how to argue and it is obvious that you don't. The best way to argue with people who don't know how to litigate is to state your case and forget all about them, it drives them nuts when nobody listens to them.

Best thing for all of us to do is just ignore the arrogance of people like this and move on.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Frank06

Re: Re: Michael Schumacher in coma
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 08:49:32 AM »
Don't.  Feed.  The.  Troll.

...just sayin'
E-Racer

Offline bbarn

Re: Re: Michael Schumacher in coma
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »
Don't.  Feed.  The.  Troll.

...just sayin'

Bingo.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
BB most of the time I try not to give them the satisfaction of knowing that they "Cranked my Subaru"-- "SmS"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
Okay - I'm guilty of jumpin' ski123's shit on this one, too.

Let's see if we can get this one back on track - I think the original topic is more important than our collective ruffled feathers.

According the Chicago Tribune, Michael underwent surgery last night.  He's not out of the woods, but they were able to relieve some pressure on his brain.  It's still critical condition, but the doctors think they are in a better position to repair the internal bleeding . . .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-michael-schumacher-skiing-accident-20131231,0,6496230.story

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Ski, I agree with the folks here that a: think you're being perhaps a tad touchy, and b: let's get back to Michael and move the helmet discussion to a separate thread.  Thanks.

PS  I wear a helmet whenever I'm on a bike - state laws or not. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
Ski, I agree with the folks here that a: think you're being perhaps a tad touchy, and b: let's get back to Michael and move the helmet discussion to a separate thread.  Thanks.

PS  I wear a helmet whenever I'm on a bike - state laws or not. :-D

"Ditto", all the above.

Rouse   (OFIC)
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
A major New York Times article says that ski helmet use is up with no reduction in brain injuries:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/sports/on-slopes-rise-in-helmet-use-but-no-decline-in-brain-injuries.html?a=1&m=en-us

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 10:03:14 PM »
The helmet needs a hard shell and a crushable liner to allow the brain to decelerate slow enough to minimize injury.  It is important that the shell not deform.  DOT and Snell car and bike helmets are examples.  Helmet use statistics need to take this into account.  Goofy and substandard lids and associated injuries need to be kept in a separate category.  They do not accurately measure the effects of helmet use.