Author Topic: NOS Firestone Bonneville tires  (Read 8064 times)

Offline anthony young

Re: NOS Firestone Bonneville tires
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
sid, i was there when al had those arfon tires they were huge and hard as a rock on aluminum wheels i think those wheels were bolted together in halves with alot of 5/8 capscrews, the fronts were i believe 550-15 firestones, it's been awhile since i worked on betsy, anthony

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »
You were the only one that could pick them up buy yourself Mate. :-D

Well we've kinda hijacked this guys thread/Ad or maybe we kept it the front of a buyer for him.... so any way, sorry for that. I'll shut the hell up now.
  Sid.

Offline anthony young

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 01:41:48 AM »
i'll back off also.  anthony :mrgreen:

Offline DSPADARO

• New folks
    • Dick Spadaro
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
Hi guys I'm actually following your post. it is an interesting read so I'm not worried about the hijack. I just feel that these tires are really nice and I feel that setting in my garage is not helping anyone out.  They are way to good to go to the landfill.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »
Well they're definately not "landfill" pieces but they might be a bit of a hard sell now days with the new 30" Mickey's for about $780 the last time I looked. The Firestone is a hard compound, a really stiff tire & one tuff muther. There were times when Al would shred them down into the second layer of cords on a down run & we'd give them a "haircut" & run them back on the return. :roll: :-D
Got any pics Porkpie?
  Sid. 

Offline jdincau

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
I remember the Firestone guys mounting the 7.00-18 and 5.50-15 tires on the salt. It was a struggle! The sidewalls and beads of those low profile tires were so stiff they had to use c clamps to get the beads together to go into the drop center so they could pry the second bead over the rim. The sound those beads made as they were pried over the rim made your toes curl. I have seen people bend steel rims trying to pry them off.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline DSPADARO

• New folks
    • Dick Spadaro
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
Jdincau, I will agree you have to manup to mount or dismount the tire, I attempted to remove the tire mounted to the wheel and after creating a mess with tire soap and three pry bars I decided to leave it on so I didn't ruin the tire bead.  Thanks for all the input, what I have determined is that these are too good to pitch out, good enough to use but what is a fair price is still up in the air. Is it 4-5 or $600 range each or are they wall hangers? Thanks for the help I just want these to go to good use as them setting around my shop is just another dust collector.

Offline anthony young

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:39 AM »
are these tires for sale if so can you contact me anthony young (562)  637-3696  thanks