Author Topic: Felicitations on the first day of winter!  (Read 5135 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Felicitations on the first day of winter!
« on: December 21, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
So as not to offend......

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor is it the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Oh!  Yeah!

Merry Christmas!!

Mike
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:44:59 PM by Stainless1 »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Felicitations on the first day of winter!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
Mike, I know what you mean.  And I've learned that most folks don't really object to being greeted in a way that doesn't fit their particular creed, race, and whatever.

Just the other day I saw a guy at the grocery store.  His son is married to one of Nancy's daughters, and this guy and the kids are all Jehovah's Witnesses.  They don't observe holidays, even Christmas, like I'm used to doing, but when I gave Bruce a "Merry Christmas" he didn't bat an eye or give me a dirty look or a punch in the nose.  He wished me well, too, and that was that.

So -- politically correctness is necessary only for those, it would seem, that insist that others be politically correct.  Go on -- say whatever you'd like.

Merry Christmas from Nancy and me. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
Hey Mike... changed the date a little....
Merry Christmas
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »
Good one Mike.

:-D

A Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Add this. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 07:50:34 AM »
Merry Christmas to all from Jerry and Patti Berry, Along with Milo the cat.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
I sent that same message out to a large part of my contacts list and I got a lot of positive reply's.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Connie and me.

I am usually, as in "Most" of the time, very tolerant of everybody no matter what differences we may have, and most folks are the same to me.

I see that as a good thing, so to all the rest of the folks out there that get offended by what I say, or who I am, can just pucker up and KMA.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.