Author Topic: Website  (Read 2975 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Website
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
I quit watching F1 a long time ago. This is the GP era that was the most appealing to me:

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again. 

How can this be? I've not tried to do this before-- it is my first try at this post???????????

An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. 

I changed the text and the picture file name. I give up!

An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. 

I changed the text and did not attach a photo this time. This is ridiculous!

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
Re: Website
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »
I have had the same error messages when trying to post, especially if I have a photo attachment. It may happen because you hit the BACK button. The only thing you can do is start all over again with a new post.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
I admit it right away -- it's frustrating to have the software tell you things like it's told you today.  Maybe this has occurred:  The image/photo had a generic file name -- something along the lines of "img1003-432" or whatever.  If that's the case there's a chance that someone else put up a photo with that same file name/number -- just by coincidence.  Most digital cameras used some type of auto labels -- maybe yours and "his" do match.

And for sure when you try a second time, after renaming the file/photo -- the machine sees the very same text and rejects it -- even though it didn't post it the first time.  What I end up doing in this case is to - - - BEFORE I click to post!!!---  click to copy, then try to post.  If it won't - then you go back, throw out the one that didn't work, and open a brand-new black - and paste the text in there.  Viola, it's done.  

I've got to go right now so Alaine can use this 'puter, but I'll try to post a bit more on the subject - later.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
Jon;

No, no back button was clicked-- just a straightforward post. The file name was "Lotus XXV- Jim Clark.jpg"

Maybe it would be less trouble if the duplication screening was simply disabled.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
I'll see if we can do something to reduce the frustration.  By the other way -- Don's the guy that offered the back button comment.  Blame him, not me! :evil:  And my clumsy way of re-doing will work if you're patient.

As for the file name -- you're right -- the chances of that being duplicated elsewhere in the program are pretty danged slim (no relation  :roll:). 

I'll see if there's something Bob or I can do about the hassles involved.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
Thanks, Jon. Pardon my carping-- you do a great job with this website. Many thanks.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:52:23 PM »
There is one trick, which maybe helps....

Maybe not that the first time the trouble happens, but when you try again to post it....

Every Browser got a temporary data file map....in this one the computer safes every internet address which is used....unfortunately...this data's are only temporary as they could be delete without doing a damage to data files and the computer....but the system is not cleaning up this file map automatically...

now before you try again to write a message here on Landracing, clean up this file map.

Normally under the tools on the top of the browser is a button "Extras", click on this and it opens a menu list...mostly the top is the clean up button for the browser...several options are shown, what will be cleaned up...the most can be activated...than start the process....

after the run a window shows up and said that the clean up is done.....

After this clean up run the browser lost his memory...websites like Landracing using this memory to get a faster built up on the screen....now without this memory the website can't use the earlier activities....everything is new for the website....

also the internal name of a photo for the upload is gone....

This way it works very well for me....

This browser clean up had to be done also without websites trouble....just to get old connections off and some background connection which you don't like so or so not....mean SPAM websites which you pick without knowing during the surfing in the web.....

Hope this helps  
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »
Thanks, Pork Pie-- I will try your suggestion next time.

Regards and Frohe Weinacht   Neil  Tucson, AZ