Author Topic: FIA Sporting Code  (Read 2357 times)

Robin UK

FIA Sporting Code
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:01 AM »
I've been asked to post this as the official response to the concerns raised about the Sporting Code.

Robin

MESSAGE FROM THE FIA LAND SPEED RECORDS COMMISSION

"It has come to the attention of the FIA's Land Speed Records Commission that there are concerns in the land speed record community that changes to the FIA's International Sporting Code during a major restructuring for 2014 have modified the eligibility of vehicles to compete for the FIA's Absolute and Outright World Land Speed Records.
  “That is not the case.
  “The LSRC's intent remains unchanged that all Categories of vehicles, both wheel-driven and thrust-powered, are eligible to compete for those records. The LSRC regrets that imprecision in the wording of some of the new articles may have left a different impression and will clarify any such imprecision when the 2015 Code is published."

Dennis Dean
President, FIA Land Speed Records Commission

Offline TrickyDicky

Re: FIA Sporting Code
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:07:38 AM »
Thanks, Robin.  Did he by any chance express a view on whether restriction of the Outright World Land Speed Record to the mile distance is deliberate or imprecision in the wording?

And if it is deliberate, has anyone told Comte Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat and Camille Jénatzy?   :-D :-D :-D

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »

And if it is deliberate, has anyone told Comte Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat and Camille Jénatzy?   :-D :-D :-D

Might be a bit late for that
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »
Really?

You want to go back over 100 years to realign records. We need to go to 1949 at Bonneville to redo all records (simpler), want to tackle that job? If a Red Hat is to be recalled I will let you handle that.

Dan Warner
President
Bonneville 200 MPH Club

BTW - Joanie & I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Robin UK

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 05:19:11 AM »
Dan,
my understanding is that the FIA intend to clarify the wording for new records going forward purely as a response to concerns raised about the current wording. There is no intent to rewrite history.

Cheers

Robin