Author Topic: Subject matter  (Read 20934 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Subject matter
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 01:04:12 AM »
sum
maybe... heck dont remember back that fer..
kr

landracing

Subject matter
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 01:35:54 AM »
Glen is correct. So what I have done is created a forum for NON LSR related topics.

I also have moved this topic into that forum..

Thanks for suggestion Glen,  It is done and setup.

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
non lsr posting
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
Jon
Thanks, I think we need this and it will keep the other forums a lot cleaner
It migkt confuse Kent and Keith but what the heck they will figure it out.
Glen :P
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Subject matter
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »
Besides PorkPie my enjoy the break.

Glen,

:?  :? ....could be that you forgot some "," when you wrote this....or how I can understand this :wink:  :wink:

By the way, Glen, may be we are too old to understand plus, minus, stars
..........too much video game....... :D

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Bob Drury

Subject matter
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 01:17:33 PM »
Bah, humbug.....................................
Bob Drury

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Subject matter
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »
Quote from: landracing
Glen is correct. So what I have done is created a forum for NON LSR related topics.

I also have moved this topic into that forum..

Thanks for suggestion Glen,  It is done and setup.

Jon

Jon maybe another name for the forum could be "Glen's Corner -- Non LSR topics"  :wink: .

c ya, Sum

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
subject matter
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »
Sum, Are you picking on me already, we are supposed to pick on Dolan,Keith and Kent
Glen :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
Re: subject matter
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »
Quote from: Glen
Sum, Are you picking on me already, we are supposed to pick on Dolan,Keith and Kent
Glen :evil:

And here I thought I was bestowing a great honor upon you by suggesting the forum be named after you :P  :!:  :wink: .

c ya, Sum

Offline Bob Drury

Subject matter
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
Jon and Glen, while I have no problem with starting a new heading for non LSR postings, I think you are making a big mistake in asking us to delete any humor or off subject sparing from specific posts.
  Spontanious or acerbic humor can quite often difuse a negative situation, such as last weeks debacle where fellow racers were threatening to kick each others asses.
  When you start implying editorial discression as a tool, you start taking the fun out of posting.  How about this, why don't you make a heading for "Very, very serious stuff, and I aint kidding!".
  Seriously, Jon, we all appreciate very much what your doing with this site, and as I and others have repeatedly stated, this site is the best thing since sliced bread.  Thanx again.............Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
Subject matter
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
sum
maybe... heck dont remember back that fer..
kr

I was wondering as you know how it is when you say listen to someone on the radio all the time and start to generate a visual image of them in your mind and then when you finally meet them they don't look at all like you expected them to look???  Ok, so you don't, I'll go on.  Well I think the same happens on these boards just by the way we word our posts and so on.

Ok now I'll start into dangerous territory :roll: .  Take you for example, not afraid of what you say or worrying about being shall I say "political correct".  Also a motorcycle guy.  Now some motorcycle guys are quite large, or have become that way over the years and others are kind of the mean, lean, smallish type, like say Joe and Jon and our newest member Ali 8) , and that was how I visualized you.  Since I couldn't remember if I had seen your 'liner I started looking in the Speed Week programs and found your car in 95's (very nice) and this guy sitting on it that is not in the "lean mean" image, more the "mean linebacker" stature.  I always wondered about the "little guy" in my mind meeting John R. at the "fence" for a little discussion.  Now I understand.  Looks like you could take care of yourself in a situation like that :D  :wink: .

At least now maybe I know who I'm looking for on the salt :D .  Hope you don't want to meet me at the "fence" :oops: .

c ya, Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Subject matter
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »
Sum,

it's funny how (what) you explains there.........but I got this from own experience at the salt talk. When a lot of people, who knew me only from the website or from Keith's e-mail list, saw me the first time, their comment was....

"Oh, I thought you be twenty years older......."

Hope, the next time, in August, I'm not looking so old than..... :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline interested bystander

subject mattter
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »
Pork pie your knowledge is awesome- you may be the Donald Davidson of Land Speed racing- your technical expertise overwhelms a lot of old dirt/salt racers knowledge and  statistical backgrounds!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
APPEARANCE IS DECIEVING
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 08:42:14 AM »
I have lost 70 lbs from my peak during my LSR racing days.
Having raced since 1962, my age exceeds many.
 As far as meeting at the fence, I have gotten to know enough "High People in Low Places" to T.C.O.B. for me.
 It is like letting the suitable machine do the work.
And Glen,as far as the stars go, I have all of them and you can BITE ME !

One of the problems of a wide open forum for off topic stuff is a lot of things are going to be lost or misunderstood in the translation.
 At least when it is attached to a particular LSR subject, what seems to stray is more of a reflection of passion or boredom for a point.
If you take it as a whole it is better understood.
People are crude, rude, mysterious, self righteous,knowledgeable,new, old, and every other thing you can imagine.
 Hopefully they can go away with a better understanding than before.
 That is the best result of this exercise and the good communication is what is sorely lacking in the sport.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Subject matter
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »
Donald Davidson    ???????

Oops, now I have a problem, sorry, but I'm not familiar with this name..

can you give me an idea who that is - may be everybody in the states knows - but I'm here in far Germany .......... :wink:

thanks
Pork Pie

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Subject matter
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 11:48:45 PM »
Donald Davidson is the historian for the Indianapolis 500.  He is a wealth of knowledge and can recite just about anything Indy 500 related.  Even the most obscure details.   Now that is a compliment !
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”