Author Topic: Looking for info on two Bonneville/Mirage cars from 1953  (Read 2873 times)

Offline big mac

• New folks
Looking for info on two Bonneville/Mirage cars from 1953
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »
I collect old "stuff" and recently wound up with two old trophies as part of a trade. One is a 1953 Bonneville Nationals Speed Trials trophy, C lakester, 1st place to Buck - Yoshida. The other is a Russetta (El Mirage?) B streamliner 1st place to Horner - Buck, also 1953. Trophies pictures below. I would like to find as much info as I can on these cars, drivers, builders, etc... in order to preserve as much info as I can. Looking for photos or documented information. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide!

Mac

Bonneville trophy:

Russetta trophy:

Offline Tman

Re: Looking for info on two Bonneville/Mirage cars from 1953
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
Mac, your Bonneville collection is growing!

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
The Wayne 12 Port looks so cool. This was one of my favorite cars at Ascot. One night my Dad and I were at the races, a combined USAC/CRA deal, and Hank Blum's Wayne GMC USAC big car won the feature with the Henry & James Wayne Chevy in second place.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline marie22

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
The Wayne 12 Port looks so cool. This was one of my favorite cars at Ascot. One night my Dad and I were at the races, a combined USAC/CRA deal, and Hank Blum's Wayne GMC USAC big car won the feature with the Henry & James Wayne Chevy in second place.

DW

One of my favorites too.