Author Topic: Christmas gift shopping for a racer?  (Read 31434 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Christmas gift shopping for a racer?
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
It's time to get that special something for a racer you know -- that doesn't have everything.  I've got a few copies of Richard Lague's "World's Fastest Motorcycle".  It's a 2006 production that's cool to watch - even if the numbers have been changed since then.  The DVD includes  the full story of the EASYRIDER 1990 record run.  Here's a review from MotorcycleUSA.com:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/405/131/Motorcycle-Article/Worlds-Fastest-Motorcycle-DVD-Review.aspx

If you need something to give as a gift -- and you want to donate some $$ to this site (which sorely needs some funds more than usual) - ante up.  It'll cost you $40, and that'll even include shipping.  Send your funds via Paypal (use one of the buttons on this site) and don't forget to give me a mailing address.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Re: Christmas gift shopping for a racer?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
I want to take a moment here to thank all ZERO of the folks on this Forum that have stepped up to buy one of the Challenge DVDs.  I appreciate that it's Christmas time and that you're probably spending what's left of your money for the important stuff in life -- an EFI system or maybe some new pistons or even "just" a set of sparking plugs.  But if you can squeeze your budget just a bit the website's kitty could certainly use a bit of a shot in the arm/bank account.  Soon, too.

Remember that you're welcome to use any of the Paypal buttons you'll find on the site.  And if you think about it (when making the PP contribution) - please consider marking the payment as a "gift" so that Paypal doesn't take their pound of flesh from your money.

Thanks, girls and boys, and may you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
Thanks very much to the two of you folks that have already responded to my request.  Thank you, thank you.  Now - perhaps some others will also send a few shekels this way.  But whether or not -- someone (or two) has helped things very much.  Thanks again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
Still have Tshirts don't you Slim... they make excellent Christmas presents for those folks that seem to have everything....
although at this stage of the game, you may have to give them a certificate for the shirt they will get in Jan....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »
Slim,

Snail mail headed your way this afternoon.  Some one of these years I'll get the 'puter pay pal thing dialed in but first I've got to get the car's 'puter figured out, racing priorities you know.

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »
Yes, we still have some Salt Talks '13 t-shirts, although not in all sizes.  Ask about what sizes we've got and I'll letcha know.  In the meantime -- We'll price them a bit more attractively than the $75 each that they cost at Salt Talks.  Hunh?, you say??  That price was to have Nancy give you some help while you tried on the shirt. :evil: :evil:  For regular shirts out there I think we sold 'em for $20.  And now -- in trying to clear out the totes down in the basement -- $15 each in 1 - 2 quantities, less as your desired number of them increases.  Let's run out of them.  If you're looking for t-shirts in general (that is, don't have to be '13) we've got a big bunch of older ST shirts remaining.

Let's see -- today I got a couple of donations, although one is from someone that sold an item via the Forum.  But -- there is a bit of $$ starting to trickle in.  A handful more of the donations and I'll be able to smile at the bank account once again.  Thanks to all, and to all a good night!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com