Author Topic: wheel base on competion coupe  (Read 7398 times)

Offline RS34

• New folks
wheel base on competion coupe
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:06:42 PM »
building a competion coupe the rules state that if you extend wheel base in front must be at least 12 inches is ther a max extention

Offline DSR88

Re: wheel base on competion coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »
No, ours is 5ft longer.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
building a competion coupe the rules state that if you extend wheel base in front must be at least 12 inches is ther a max extention

That is one of the 4 criteria needed to have the car classified as a comp coupe.  You only need to meet one of them.   I'm sure you know you don't have to extend the wheelbase to be classified as a comp coupe.  Hooley only extended the wheelbase on the Stude this year.  Before it qualified due to the chopped top and also the full belly pan but it only needed one or those or an engine setback.

What are you building?

Sum

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:15 PM »

That is one of the 4 criteria needed to have the car classified as a comp coupe.  You only need to meet one of them.   I'm sure you know you don't have to extend the wheelbase to be classified as a comp coupe.  Hooley only extended the wheelbase on the Stude this year.  Before it qualified due to the chopped top and also the full belly pan but it only needed one or those or an engine setback.

What are you building?

Sum

I'm with Sum. I love me a comp coupe! What ya got in the works?
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline RS34

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
hi thank you i am building a 65 plymouth cuda chopped top 24 inch extention on wheel base i will be running aa blown  gas 528 hemi turbo charged thank you for info having a lot of fun with this project

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:38:01 PM »
hi thank you i am building a 65 plymouth cuda chopped top 24 inch extention on wheel base i will be running aa blown  gas 528 hemi turbo charged thank you for info having a lot of fun with this project

Welcome to the class.  That is what we are now running with Hooley's Stude.  The record is soft and should be over 300.  I don't know if we will ever get in that range but hope to possibly be one of the fastest Studes to run on the salt.  How about some build pictures and let us know if we can help.  Most of what we have done is on our web site....

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-index.html

I'm behind in posting the rest  :cry:.  The 24 inch extension is smart and needed with the turbos,

Sum
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:39:57 PM by Sumner »

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
Sounds like a cool build. Post up some pictures on the build thread. Lot's of great advice around these parts.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »
hi thank you i am building a 65 plymouth cuda chopped top 24 inch extention on wheel base i will be running aa blown  gas 528 hemi turbo charged thank you for info having a lot of fun with this project
I just went out & looked at my 65 to get the feel for a stretch & a big chop. Oh yeah!! :evil:
Is it just me or does Effingham sound effing cool?
  Sid.

Offline RS34

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
thank you for the response once i get to a point i will foward pictures also i have to fix note on my location actually i am in sacramento calif.