Author Topic: Christmas gift for The Big Kahuna - SSS  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Christmas gift for The Big Kahuna - SSS
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
If you've got to ask -- you don't need to know.  Suffice it to say that it's how we get well more than half of our precipitation, and it also helps keep out the riff-raff. :evil: :-D

Or makes 'em easier to track . . .

I pity those who will never know the pleasure of a "Snow Day" - nothing moves, you throw another log on the fire, pour yourself a Hot Buttered Rum and skip work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUeDGBtQNkE
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
I'll watch the rest of that later, but I'm reminded of about five years ago when Nancy and I were in the early process of selling Star Industries -- to a corporation from Houston, Texas.

The Due Diligence folks arrive here in January to spend a week or so going through the business, and one afternoon the forecast told us to expect a big snowstorm that night.  Sure enough, we got about 18" of snow by morning.  We got to the office, the trucks having already left on their regular 400-mile routes, and decided to call the Texas people to tell them to stay home.  When they answered the phone I told 'em "Stay home -- it's a snow day".

They asked, and wondered, and had no clue what "snow day" meant.  I told 'em -- that means you can stay in the motel room all day, watch tv, and we'll pick you up to take you to lunch since you don't know how to drive in this stuff.

By the way, they were the same folks that arrived up here in January with street shoes -- no boots, that is, and light jackets and no gloves or scarves.

Goofy, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
Jon, what was Star Ind?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
Back in '91 I had the idea (I heard about this stuff in a professional group meeting) of disposing of regulated medical waste.  I researched, studied, and then started a business to pick it up and dispose of it.  I started with a 6x10 trailer rented at the local rental place towed behind the family station wagon, and ended up with two trucks, a 4800 sq. ft. building, 7 employees, and all of the used syringes and soiled bandages you could want.  I don't have any of the stuff left -- especially the used stuff.  I sold it to Medserv and they, in turn, sold out to Stericycle.  That was back in early '08.

Next question?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
Very cool, thanks!