Author Topic: Nitrous Oxide at Speedweek 2014  (Read 2249 times)

Offline paso54

Nitrous Oxide at Speedweek 2014
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »
Well as plans to come over in 2014 continue a new question springs to mind will we be able to buy Nitrous on the salt or will we have to arrange something before we get there Thanks Phil LCR Salt Attack 2014

https://www.facebook.com/LcrGoesToBonnevilleSpeedweek2014

:cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Nitrous Oxide at Speedweek 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
Don't think anyone supplies N20 on the salt, we always took our own big bottle to fill our little bottle.  I suspect you could get a bottle in SLC if you prearrange that.  Or get with someone here on the site that is planning on taking a big  bottle and work out refills.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
In the days of yore Mike Manghelli would have a nitrous filling station at his pit/the White Goose Bar - to fill his team's bottles.  I asked with a smile and a please and he filled a bottle or two for me.  Don't count on it, though -- get in touch with him. 

Other than that -- I think Stainless is right.  A couple of years ago a nitrous vendor was on the salt for SpeedWeek and found business at his pit was quite underwhelming.  He hasn't been back, nor have I heard of anyone else having mother bottles (or any size) to fill bottles of hoi polloi.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline paso54

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
Thanks both for your input.  8-) Its one more thing to add to the list for making sure we are set up to run at Speed week Will start searching the internet for suppliers in SLC Cheers Phil  :cheers:

Offline sabat

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
Talk with Scott Horner - he has a shop in SLC and builds / tunes lots of Bonneville bikes. He will probably go to SW.  - Dean

http://gofastbikeparts.com/