Author Topic: Blue Flame in Sinsheim  (Read 24181 times)

Offline TrickyDicky

Re: Blue Flame in Sinsheim
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2013, 07:32:46 AM »

Outright World Land Speed Record: A record recognized by the FIA as the best flying start Mile result with an Automobile, not taking the class category or group of the car into account.

The US racers (including Stan and SSS) should be pleased, as this ruling - because of the definition of Automobile - recognises the record speed set by Don Vesco, which is being challenged by other US racers and by an Australian, as being an Outright World Record.

Malcolm, Derby, England.

Sorry to reply again to the same point, but I have just been reading the 2014 International Sporting Code (no comments please).

It appears that from 1 January 2014 the FIA is demoting all records set by thrust-driven vehicles by only recognising them as class World Records.

In order to be classified as an Outright World Land Speed Record or an Absolute World Record the vehicle must be wheel-driven.  Is that the intention or have I misunderstood something?

So we will have Don Vesco as holder of the Outright World Land Speed Record and Andy Green only holder of the Jet class World Record.  Bizarre . . . . . :-o

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
The rule writers have until 31st december to add back the word 'special' in front of automobiles to correct the error for the absolute speed record at least.

Seems that someone has forgotten about the jet and rocket classification and that the fastest 'cars' in the world do exist and they are not called 'automobiles'.

Malcolm, Derby, England

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Robin UK

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
FIA Land Speed Records Commission president Dennis Dean confirms that it is an issue with the wording only and there was never any intent to downgrade thrust driven records. Nor should it be read as saying that in future only wheel driven automobiles qualify for the Outright Land Speed Record title. Expect the wording to be clarified.

My head hurts. Can we close this off now  :-(

Robin

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »

My head hurts. Can we close this off now  :-(

Robin

I thought you would be 'hurting' over managing a streamliner bike project which needs to be ready early next year to be tested to take on the US racers in the summer.  :-D

Malcolm, Derby, England
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

velocity

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »
hey!

Girls and boys!

three categories: production, special construction (wheel driven) and thrust

one big dog in each and out of those come the top dog.

hence, we got A. Green as top dog (aka dead dog), D. Vesco Special Construction and I don't give a broken bra strap about who has the production record since it is all about money anyway.