Author Topic: Interesting motorcycle site  (Read 1593 times)

Offline JimL

Interesting motorcycle site
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:44:46 AM »
This will get you into a parts manual...

...for the Honda AMA Flat Track engine!  I was really surprised to see it has chain primary drive, with a reversing shaft behind the trans countershaft, to get the rear wheel rotating the correct direction.  And the clutch springs are exhaust valve springs from one of Hondas cruising models.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-rs750d_model17186/partslist/

Go back to the main page of this site for most Honda parts manuals and more...going clear back to the early 60's.  There is even a full parts manual for the CR-93 factory road race 125.

Look through the full parts manual for the NR500 that had oval pistons with eight valves per cylinder.  I never knew it had bolt in, flange mounted, oval cylinder units (separate from the block and head).  I think I just figured out how to fix my open deck pushrod twins, that blow a head gasket on the very first pass every year...and perhaps a path to run an actual 750 in the 750 class (instead of my 680's).

Other brands are included, as are the early Honda sports cars, and more.  You can learn some interesting stuff, here.

JimL

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Interesting motorcycle site
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
I typed in CB-750 K0 and it appeared in six languages  :-o counting the Queen's English!   :-D
Thanks JimL!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz