Author Topic: Hasport Honda wreck at El Mirage  (Read 22667 times)

Robin UK

Offline mtkawboy

Re: Hasport Honda wreck at El Mirage
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
The car construction quality speaks volumes for itself. Hope you build another one and stay on the white stuff, heal fast  :cheers:

Offline jl222

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »

Also on ABC Good Morning America. Quite a long interview with Brian and video of crash 4 different times.

Video of Brian and car outside of shop explaining things. One of which he was in sixth gear but has no memory past third.

Also Doc says he has to lay off for a month :-D

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
lifting in any way would be a mistake---if one has to lift --you better get in neutral first---

without some form of Stability Control which can apply the brakes independently to stop the spin ie  lf/rr to stop rotation
one cannot defy the laws of physics if there is not enough tractive effort available.  :-o

lifting just help it SNAP or go over the side of a mountain if one is going down hill on iffy traction

one cannot defy the laws of physics if there is not enough tractive effort available.  :-o

Guess you need to give driving instructions to Top Fuel and Funny Car drivers who you think have been doing it all wrong for so many yrs :roll:

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »
JL222 --- just how many of those Top Fuel and funny cars are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, do you think the same techniques apply-- before you start throwing rocks check to see if you are living in a glass house--- wake up man this was a FWD car.   Talk to Racergo about his front wheel drive lakester and his adventures at B'Ville.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:32:46 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline maj

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »
The video has hit prime time here too, shown on our Australian national news

Good to see the current build and driver safety requirements work and Brian is relatively unscathed

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
I have looked at this crash on a 23" screen frame by frame by frame and back end started to come around and the driver never turned into the slide. Could have been a steering or suspension failure or it caught him so fast he couldn't react, it was a fast 90 degree turn.  You can see the right rear lift at the start of the spin. His alive and going to be sore for awhile, the car was well built. Hang in there Brian. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jl222

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »

Video on regular Fresno ch 30. Every one sees this as spectacular, which it is. None of the TV stations ''that I've seen mention EL Mirage, just the Ca. desert.

I can only count a second on the video from the rear starting to come around to rolling so fast its a blur.

JL222

Offline Tman

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 11:44:27 PM »
I will say it. Of course the Langlos are ALWAYS right AND the experts.  :roll: Wide tires would have solved it.  :-D

Sheeot happened, it was a crappy course, get over it. God Bless Brian for riding out that perfect storm.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:37 AM »
That course was chewed up pretty good, I have a picture of me running 250mph while sitting up, spinning the rear tire, leaned a few degrees to the left while the front wheel is pointing a few degrees to the right..Brian was not only lucky his team built an awesome car.

Brian not only ran 200.9 on Saturday and set a record, got in the illustrious Dirty2's, his team also won the car and overall SCTA points championship however none of that was mentioned most of the times his pass was aired on TV.  Also got to ride in a Helicopter as well.

Glad to hear he will be fine!

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 02:09:49 AM »
KTLA channel 5 here in the L A area just showed brians crash. They did at least say the crash happened at ELMO. I recorded it to a dvd and watched it in slo-mo to see how many times the car rolled and i counted 15 and 1/2. Am very glad that brian walked away.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
Wow, 15.5.   :-o

Offline doug

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »
My lord that almost looks like a gymnastic floor exercise.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
Here is the slo-mo version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_-SWoGxWTs

I can not stand reading the comments on all the different media!

It does look like that Sparky.