Author Topic: What is this engine worth...  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
What is this engine worth...
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »

Since I just bought a 3 liter motor for the lakester I'm going to try and sell the Suzuki 750 engine...

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/construction%20page-2.html

...that I bought for my lakester about 9 years ago but can't find what they are going for now.  At the time I think I paid a little over $1000 for it, but I'm sure I won't get that out of it.  I've searched craig's list some with no luck.  Can any of you bike guys give me an idea what to ask for it.

It is complete with the wiring and the exhaust although I modified it but it could be un-modified and I also modified the air box a little for clearance.

We are going to Calif. and then to Phoenix in about 2 weeks and later in Dec. to Florida and I thought if I could find a buyer I might be able to deliver it.

So what is a fair price for this motor at this point?  Thanks,

Sum
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:42:49 PM by Sumner »

Offline SaltRat

Re: What is this engine worth...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
That would go nice in my shifter kart (at the right price).  Drop it in Durango - its on the way!
SaltRat
When (if?) this baby hits 88mph, you'll see some serious poo.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
As complete as it is I think you could sell it quickly for around $875-$1000. Similar engines have sold for that on eBay. Just list it for $999 on Craigslist and eBay and I bet you will get some good offers.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

LittleLiner

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »
Sum
Search on ebay for “Suzuki 750 engine” and sort on “highest price first” and you can get a good idea of the market.   That was how I got my 750 engine.   
By the way. . . . would you like to sell the rolling engine stand you built for that engine?
Art

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »
Thanks guys that helped. 

Sum
Search on ebay for “Suzuki 750 engine” and sort on “highest price first” and you can get a good idea of the market.   That was how I got my 750 engine.   
By the way. . . . would you like to sell the rolling engine stand you built for that engine?
Art

On the stand, maybe.  Let me see if it goes with the motor or not.  If it doesn't then I'd give it to you.  You pay the freight and give the site a donation,

Sum

LittleLiner

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
Thanks guys that helped. 

Sum
Art

On the stand, maybe.  Let me see if it goes with the motor or not.  If it doesn't then I'd give it to you.  You pay the freight and give the site a donation,

Sum

Thanks Sum.  Sounds good to me.   PM me if/when the stand is available.   
Best Regards, Art

Offline edinlr

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Sum, I really enjoyed the build site for your car, thanks for sharing with us.

Ed Holman
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo