Author Topic: LISTING ITEMS FOR SALE RULES READ BEFORE YOU POST  (Read 27605 times)

landracing

LISTING ITEMS FOR SALE RULES READ BEFORE YOU POST
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »
Here are the rules...

I do not charge for the service. However I would appreciate a donation to the website if your item sales.

NO commercial business may post. I have site advertising for that.

When the item sales please come back and post that the item has been sold then I will lock that thread.

Have fun.

Jonathan Amo
owner/webmaster
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:53:18 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: LISTING ITEMS FOR SALE RULES
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »
Let's add:  Please do not sell or attempt to sell anything that was got improperly, such as copies of a copyrighted or patented item -- unless you hold said copyright/patent, or have written documentable permission to sell the same.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:04:19 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »
If you saw the "For Sale" topic this afternoon -- well, you won't see it again.  I deleted it after seeing it and learning that it was from a seller -- a distributor.  This site is for us members and regulars and folks that are land speed racers -- and not for some company that's trying to off-load five pages of parts.  Sure -- the seller could have asked for permission to list the stuff, and some of it might be of value to those of us that build and race -- but none of that happened, so it's gone.

I hope this is okay with you folks.  I still have the URL if you really want to get in touch with the firm, but that address will be deleted when I shut down the computer tonight.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »
WORKS FOR ME Jon :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »
Here's your occasional reminder about helping out with our advertisers.  Before you write back -- note that this is a "locked" topic, and therefore you won't be able to post responses.

Anyway -- we do have a few sponsors on this site -- folks that have services or products to sell, and that also feel strongly enough about land speed racing and this site - that they'll send a few dollars, on a regular basis, to help pay the ongoing (and sometimes unexpected) costs of running the site.  As I've said more than a few times, I keep the ads to a minimum so you get mostly racing, not ads, and so the pages load quickly, not taking forever 'cause of all the flashy stuff and links and so on.

So -- help the advertisers feel that they're getting something in return for their payments to lr.com -- by at least shopping at their shops or websites.  If you buy -- that's better still, but just by going there to look around lets them know that the money they've sent has produced a response.  They'll appreciate it - so will I -- so will we all, when the site keeps going the way it has.

Thanks.  Now go shopping!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
DO NOT MAKE YOUR FIRST POST ON THIS SITE A FOR SALE AD!!!

We work to eliminate ad bots, so generally a single post for sale may be considered a bot and be deleted.  If you are only joining to sell something, contact Seldom Seen Slim, the site owner, to discuss your donation amount and you might mention it in your ad so one of our aggressive moderators (like me) does not delete your ad.
Your first post should be an introduction, not a for sale ad.
Fill out your profile with a correct location of your item for sale.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 11:25:42 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O