Author Topic: For sale on RacingJunk.com---1988 Thunderbird  (Read 7754 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
For sale on RacingJunk.com---1988 Thunderbird
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me about the '88 Thunderbird that is for sale on Racing junk.com

Thanks Sparky
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dave Haller

Re: For sale on RacingJunk.com---1988 Thunderbird
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:15 AM »
Ron Pruett set several records with the car at Bonneville in the 90's. He had it up for sale for awhile then I didn't see it anymore at the meets I attended or participated in. Don't know if the current owner/seller ran it at the salt or anywhere else. The ad sounds like it still has the same type and size engine Ron ran in it.

Offline Tman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
It is red Bill. Hope that helps?

Offline garys speed shop

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
Current owner bought from Ron, and updated some things on the car. The car was a high dollar pro built car.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Who was the original builder?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:04 AM »
Sparky....As I remember, Mike Cook and Ron built the car. When I worked at JFZ Engineered products many years ago, I supplied the brakes for it. I remember having to send another set after a chute failure at Bonneville. Would have been `91, I think...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
Thanks So the car has spent at least 20 years as a racer

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »
 Has spent a lot more years sitting than racing. Ran ran a big Ford engine. Ron is a true craftsman with everything he does. A picture of the car was in the office of Joe Fontana for all of his help with the Ford power. Has been on Racingjunk for a month. The McMeekin Nissan SX is on there too.....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »
There is an onboard video of the car at the 1996 WOS event put out by Paul Busta (PAB Video) of Roseville, Mn. Car ran 250 MPH .  LF

Offline garys speed shop

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 09:40:15 AM »
John ( the owner) is back in town so you can call him on the number in the ad and he will tell you anything you want to know.