Author Topic: SpeedWeek Survey  (Read 10216 times)

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
Re: SpeedWeek Survey
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
Tom -
         There is no real reason "interested parties" other than SCTA Club memebers should not participate in the survey.
One would be safe in saying - if you're on the Landracing site you probably have more than a passing interest in Bonneville.
If we are looking for more income for both SCTA and BNI then bring these interested parties into the mix. Who knows they
might become participants if they feel included.
         Ron Main putting this out for all to see is part of the solution not the problem, a closed shop is. Pat Kinne 

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »
Tom -
         There is no real reason "interested parties" other than SCTA Club memebers should not participate in the survey.
One would be safe in saying - if you're on the Landracing site you probably have more than a passing interest in Bonneville.
If we are looking for more income for both SCTA and BNI then bring these interested parties into the mix. Who knows they
         Ron Main putting this out for all to see is part of the solution not the problem, a closed shop is. Pat Kinne 

I'm siding with Tom on this.  Scott who is running for president sent the survey to SCTA members who would be voting in the present election.  He didn't send it out at the time for general public discussion as far as I'm aware from what has been posted above.  Maybe now he wishes he would of, I have no idea, but the point was that it wasn't.

Would it be a good idea for SCTA/BNI to solicited more input from racers?  Yes, but in fairness to them I think there is a process for that now even if you don't want to become an SCTA member.

I guess it boils down to the fact that the survey was sent to members that would be voting and now it has been posted on a public forum.  So at this point I guess it is up to Scott on how he wants to handle the situation,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
Back to me, okay?  Scott and I talked for a while yesterday, and he tells me that the purpose of the survey is to give some information to whomever is elected in the coming election.  Whether he initiated the survey or not, it is/was, from the beginning, intended for all of the newly-elected board and members to see.

We all DO have a stake in how land speed racing is "operated" by SCTA/BNI - - not just members of one of the SCTA clubs.  We all benefit from some of the good things that have been done, and we all suffer when something that could be fine-tuned and improved -- isn't, especially if that thing is fixable but not many people ever pointed to it.  Take it as a chance to let your feelings be heard.  After all, how many times has it been said here (and lots of other places) that it sure would be nice to be able to get some input into the SCTA?  Here's your chance.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
Tom -

Hi Pat,

Well we are going to agree to disagree on this subject. I will stick to what I said in my post #14. If Scott really wanted this posted for everyone to see he should have posted it himself on this site, just like Miriam M., L.Kennedy and R.Creel have done in the past, not via Ron Main, via SSS.

I think there is a lesson to be learned here on this thread, and that is if you want to post something on LR.Com. do it yourself, people will respect you more for it, don't put SSS in the hot seat.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
Back to me, okay?  Scott and I talked for a while yesterday, and he tells me that the purpose of the survey is to give some information to whomever is elected in the coming election.  Whether he initiated the survey or not, it is/was, from the beginning, intended for all of the newly-elected board and members to see.

We all DO have a stake in how land speed racing is "operated" by SCTA/BNI - - not just members of one of the SCTA clubs.  We all benefit from some of the good things that have been done, and we all suffer when something that could be fine-tuned and improved -- isn't, especially if that thing is fixable but not many people ever pointed to it.  Take it as a chance to let your feelings be heard.  After all, how many times has it been said here (and lots of other places) that it sure would be nice to be able to get some input into the SCTA?  Here's your chance.

SSS,

I just have to correct you in that all clubs in the SCTA, not only one, have a vote.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Tom -- but I knew that already.  I guess I didn't express myself as clearly as I should have done.

But in the meantime, it's been a few days since this subject appeared in the active column, but the information requested is still needed.  If you haven't done so -- please print it on a sheet of paper and then send it to Scott Andrews - or any of the board members of SCTA.  The guidance we'll offer is for everyone, not just Scott or whomever becomes the next president.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 01:27:58 PM »
It would be a good idea if you havent gotten your surveys mailed in yet to do so. With the rush of the Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hanukkah holidays upon us, time has a way of just whizzing past. Next thing you know it will be the middle of January. The surveys that have been received have been very revealing. They are anonymous and allow for your true feelings to be written in. Since the electorate board will be meeting shortly, getting these items of importance on the agenda to handle is important. If it's important for your voice to be heard, you will also send one in. So far we have only received 160+/-.

Thanks!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »
I would think only the cards mailed out will be counted.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »
Every SCTA member was mailed a survey, so you all should have them. Many of the questions on the SCTA survey are SCTA specific.

The BNI group is also important, If you are not an SCTA member but you still want your input heard, I would suggest printing out the survey that SSS has listed above, crossing out/ignoring the SCTA specific questions, and mail the rest in, along with your comments.

:cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »
I would think only the cards mailed out will be counted.

I would hope so Glen, since it was mailed to a specific group.

Land Speed Lady,

"So far we have only received 160+/-."

It would be nice if we knew who you are, and what affiliation you have with SCTA or if you are a friend or related to someone in the SCTA, or an officer of SCTA? Are you Scott's wife by chance, or on his election committee?  Trying to put a face to a screen name.

Thanks,

Tom G.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:13:53 PM by desotoman »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
I already sent mine in . . . but . . .

How in the helll do you answer when the answer to the question is this --
"1-10: One is least important ten is most important."

Take the subject "Staying Alive".  Probably pretty important on most people's list.  But, does it need more attention, is it okay under the current rules, is it a One or a Ten -- or is a Five okay as is.

I answered everything, but don't really know how and where my answers were counted, or truly meant.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
IF this govt of ours continues on it present course---the SCTA should be getting as many on board from across this nation to be part of a Salt&Pepper (dirt) Party so to speak.. I think the SCTA/Save the Salt needs to get a program underway to start soliciting a contact you local congresman to push our SAVE the SALT (&DIRT) access program!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
I believe Tom had a point.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »
Please forgive the not so formal introduction.

I joined LandRacing.com back in August during SpeedWeek to monitor issues the live feed was experiencing. This forum has a good pulse on the LSR community and it is good to have that knowledge. If there was an issue (and there were some), we wanted to address it immediately, as we have an audience from all over the world. After Scott decided to run for President of the SCTA, he wanted to hear from the members about what their perceptions they had, and issues they faced either as a volunteer to help run the races, or the challenges the racers themselves faced. The survey became important, and it still is important, moreso than my identity at the time, which I did not want to reveal, as I did not want any bias skewing the SCTA election results. This was a tough race and now there is work to do.

I am Scott's wife, Sandee, and am happy to have made some friends behind the scenes here. Scott is a good man and a great leader. Scott is cognizant of team dynamics and appreciates every bit of wind beneath his wings. He leads by providing autonomy. This isnt all about Scott. This is about you and the SCTA and helping this organization survive going forward. I fully support my husband and his team in this venture. I know that team includes all of you. Scott's office is always open for questions, comments and suggestions, but the survey truly is the best way to voice your concerns. The surveys have been revealing. Some have been quite amusing. But they all have a serious tone to them, and they all are important. So, please get them in before Christmas so that this new Board can address your concerns and we can have some fun (and have places to race still) in 2014 and in the future.

You want to put a face to my name, here I am with my horse Tommy. You all do LSR in cars, and I do it on horses. We do 50 mile endurance races now and training for 100.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »
Hi Sandee,

Thank you for your introduction. I don't know if you remember but we have met. About a year or so ago Steve brought me to Chi Chi's on a Tuesday? night and introduced me to you and Scott and a bunch of other people who meet there.

Thanks for your post as I do remember what you look like. Now I know who Land Speed Lady is and do appreciate you identifying yourself. Good luck with Tommy in your next race.

Tom G.