Author Topic: GNRS Grand National Roadster Show 2014  (Read 128332 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: GNRS Grand National Roadster Show 2014
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
Help IDing this bike, please.

As I recall, it was displayed near Roy Brizio's cluster. 

I'm just about thru with the photos from the show and should have 'em on my server soon.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:40:42 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline jl222

« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
Thanks for the link, Tom.  That was an interesting video clip.  As I understand it, Charles Manson had his hideout in that area...on the other side of DV, tho. 

Yeah..about 35+ yrs ago we were camping and exploring the Panamint Valley area with our dirt bikes and were riding up ''Goler wash which leads into Death Valley.'' been awhile, a few wild burrows and a little stream here and there. We came across a side road and some campers at a nice pool. There were giant rocks on each side of the road with a chain across it. The campers said the guy told them it was alright to go in, so in we went, 6 or 7 of us. Less than 1/2 mile this dude [ looks like a wild man] jumpin across these big boulders fires a shotgun on the road in front of us, we stop :-o that's when we noticed a cabin back in the rocks. Dude comes down says its Charlie Manson's cabin and had been having trouble with bikers vandalizing the place.  Not going to argue with a wild man with a shotgun I says ''all we want to do is turn around and get out of here'' Turned around and road into Death Valley a bit on Goler Wash
 Pretty sure it was all BLM land back there but not going to argue with a lunatic.

JL222

Offline tauruck

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
The adventures of Ray the Rat. :cheers: :cheers:

Get home safe Ray.

Is white your color?. :-D

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2014, 06:02:44 AM »
Ask people who know the color of my cars.  For that matter, go to my website: http://chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html
The answer will be red and black.  Just between you and me, I don't like white cars.  It's a nice color for t-shirts and salt, but that's as far as it goes.   :-D

In a bit I'll go live with the photos of the GNRS.  I have a little HTML coding to do and then it'll be ready to go.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »
I finally got my photos from the GNRS edited and on the server: http://chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2014/20140122/Welcome.html

Enjoy,

Offline salt27

« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »
Dang it Ray, if I had known you were gonna take all those pictures we coulda stayed home and saw the show.   :-D

Very nicely done, Don   :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2014, 07:26:26 PM »
Great stuff Ray. the show was awesome. thanks for sharing. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:35 PM »
Dang it Ray, if I had known you were gonna take all those pictures we coulda stayed home and saw the show.   :-D

Very nicely done, Don   :cheers:

Yeah...and then you could contribute to the "Ray the Rat Sore Foot Foundation."  LOL!

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2014, 10:11:24 PM »
I finally got my photos from the GNRS edited and on the server: http://chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2014/20140122/Welcome.html

Enjoy,

Hey Ray. Great pictures as usual. Glad i got to see there. Hope all your tire problems are behind you. Take care, Mark.