Author Topic: GNRS Grand National Roadster Show 2014  (Read 127873 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
GNRS Grand National Roadster Show 2014
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
We're discussing the upcoming show enough on this and that thread - that I'll start one for just the show.  Tell us if you're going to Pomona (24-26 January 2014), if you're taking a vehicle or looking forward to seeing one or another, who's going with you, where you're staying and who's buying the drinks, and so on.

Nancy and I plan to be there to represent landracing.com.  Stop by for a visit and maybe to buy a bit of the swag that we'll have at our "booth".
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:28:56 AM by Stainless1 »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: GRNS Grand National Roadster Show 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
I am planning to drive down for the weekend. Just so far it looks like Poteet and Main, Treit and Davenport, Rob Freyvogel NACA 6600, and Danny Thompson will have both the Challenger 1 and the Challenger 2 which he is getting read for an assault on the wheel driven record. Any body know if the Vesco Turbinator will be there??? That would really make it complete for the present cars looking for the 500 mph mark.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:29 AM »
The show is divided into 3 sections: The Future, The Present and The Past.

Ron Main told me that Treit & Davenport, Rob Freyvogle NACA 6600 and Danny Thompson are in the Future section.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 09:48:59 AM »
B'ville time travel! Works for me!!!  :cheers: I plan to be there for two days pestering all the participants!  :evil:

Then I have four days in San Diego at the SolidWorks World conference where I will be giving a presentation on CFD for scoops. This will be a follow up on my recent scoop article in Bonneville Racing News.
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
The FlatCad will be there, in building 9, which is where I think all of the LSR cars are.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:22:09 AM by 38flattie »
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline 7800ebs

• http://quickturnparts.com/index.html
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
We will be there also.

bob dalton

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »
Being only a 6 hour drive from here I might make it over there. Would love to see the GNRS for the first time plus go check out the NHRA museum again. Its been over 10 years since Ive been there and they didnt have as many LSR cars there at the time.

gkabbt

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
Wife and I plan on being there for Friday and Saturday and then spending time visiting friends in So. Cal. We might also make a quick trip over to Vegas.

Looking forward to seeing all the cars!

Gregg

Offline superleggera

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
I'll be there for two days.  From the SoCal people I know who have been invited to show, there will be some great cars there.  Can't wait!
- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
Woody,
" This will be a follow up on my recent scoop article in Bonneville Racing News." Any chance you could run a copy of this article on Landracing? I don't happen to subscribe to "Bonneville Racing News" (and I don't know why!) so I missed it and am sure many of us would love to read it.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the joggle of my elbow, Rex.  I checked just now and yes, the link to the BRN (in our Links page) does work, but no, it does not take you to an "e-version" of the magazine.  I think I'll ask Wendy if she'd let us post the articles here.  I know we've put Bill Hoddinott's work here a few times and probably others, too.  I'd be willing to allow a few weeks - a month? - to go by between when the issue hits our mailboxes and when I put it on the site - - so we don't steal readers from the paper version. 

I'll let you folks know how it goes.  Thanks again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
....  I'd be willing to allow a few weeks - a month? - to go by between when the issue hits our mailboxes and when I put it on the site - - so we don't steal readers from the paper version...

Since it only comes out 7 times a year I'll bet a lot of people would wait the month and that would probably for sure hurt her.  I doubt that she like you isn't getting rich from this LSR deal  and I'd for sure hate to loose her paper or your site.  Guys just subscribe to the magazine and keep donating here  :-),

Sum

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »
I'll be there from the day before until the day after (Jan 23-27), staying at the Quality Inn in Ontario (10 miles from the Fairplex).  I'll be with the Treit and Davenport team, plus photographing the show for myself.  I hope to be there in my Camaro and let it get out of the garage and see some SoCal warmth and sunlight.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »
I am planning to drive down for the weekend. Just so far it looks like Poteet and Main, Treit and Davenport, Rob Freyvogel NACA 6600, and Danny Thompson will have both the Challenger 1 and the Challenger 2 which he is getting read for an assault on the wheel driven record. Any body know if the Vesco Turbinator will be there??? That would really make it complete for the present cars looking for the 500 mph mark.

Rex

Too bad all the potential 500 mph cars can't be there...

Like that guy who has the fastest open wheel car.... Didn't he just finish a 'liner? 'Ol what's his name.... Fearless, Fast,  :-D

You know what I mean, guy's that have actually turned a tire too.....    8-)

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Thanks for the joggle of my elbow, Rex.  I checked just now and yes, the link to the BRN (in our Links page) does work, but no, it does not take you to an "e-version" of the magazine.  I think I'll ask Wendy if she'd let us post the articles here.  I know we've put Bill Hoddinott's work here a few times and probably others, too.  I'd be willing to allow a few weeks - a month? - to go by between when the issue hits our mailboxes and when I put it on the site - - so we don't steal readers from the paper version. 

I'll let you folks know how it goes.  Thanks again.

Slim, let me know what you find out from Wendy.

If you guys are not subscribing you are missing some good reads! Not just mine!  :-D

Bill's interviews are NOT to be missed!  :cheers:

Woody
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz