Author Topic: GNRS Grand National Roadster Show 2014  (Read 128381 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: GRNS Grand National Roadster Show 2014
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
How about that Salt27? Ask and you shall receive! LOL!  Thanks Slim! Looking forward to my trip even more!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline salt27

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
How about that Salt27? Ask and you shall receive! LOL!  Thanks Slim! Looking forward to my trip even more!

I blushed. 

Offline desotoman

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
Where are all the out of towers staying? Is there a host hotel?

I hope someone other than the car owners, are paying for rooms and transportation costs???????

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Cameradude

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Hi SSS,

The Comfort Inn/ Pomona is 3 miles from show and is very nice. About $80/ night. There's also a Motel 6 in Pomona, about 5 miles from show.

We're Staying at the Comfort Inn. Hope to see you there.
Go fast, be safe, drive it like you stole it. Love life, your friends and the USA.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
Miss Liberty's boys will be staying at the HIE in Diamond ca
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »

I hope someone other than the car owners, are paying for rooms and transportation costs???????

Tom G.

Not on my team.
I figure the trip is going to cost about $3500.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »
I'll be there from the day before until the day after (Jan 23-27), staying at the Quality Inn in Ontario (10 miles from the Fairplex).  I'll be with the Treit and Davenport team, plus photographing the show for myself.  I hope to be there in my Camaro and let it get out of the garage and see some SoCal warmth and sunlight.

Ray. I will be there Friday. I have to dodge you know who, but I will keep an eye out for you.  Hope to see you there. Mark.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »

Tom G.

Not on my team.
I figure the trip is going to cost about $3500.

Rob,

OUCH. That is not right IMO. You guys are the stars of the show, and that no one has offered you any compensation is outrageous. Maybe instead of giving out the first 2000 books for free, they should have charged for them so you long distance guys could at least get some gas money.

If you are interested, the least I can do is offer to buy you and your team dinner one night. Tell me what night works for you and it will be my pleasure.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »
Tom,

Respectfully, one has nothing to do with the other. This is the Grand National Roadster Show. In fact, John Buck donated the hall to the Bonneville folks free of charge so that they didnt have to pay to display like everyone else at the show does. The people that display their vehicles here have nothing to do with with the Century of Speed book that will be sold for $20 in the Save The Salt booth. These books have already been paid for with private money by the sponsors. This is so $40,000 can be donated to Save The Salt so that we all can still have a place to race. People are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, and not making a dime. Please dont unnecessarily rile people on a forum up with incomplete facts on the situation. It's not fair to the organization and the positive growth of our sport.

Thanks.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
Tom,
Brandon and  I will take you up on that dinner!
This is a once in lifetime deal of us. I am very honored to be invited. I am definitely not a car show guy but this should be fun, I look at the money spent on this trip as marketing expense.
We are still looking for financial parter to come on board even if I I have to give up the drivers seat. Marketing cost money. No way around that.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline superleggera

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »
For those of you going to Los Angeles, remember many of the various hot rod shops ala SoCal Speed Shop, etc all do open houses before the show.  Hopefully a local club guy will chime in as to what will be on the "tour" this year and post details here for everyone in the Bonneville community

Also there are some great car museums about Los Angeles:

http://www.petersen.org/
http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/
http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/

And remember the NHRA museum is right next to the GNRS show:

http://museum.nhra.com/

If you know of other "must visit" places -- post for those out of town who are attending upcoming!
- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline skywalker18

• New folks
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
I will be at the show!!!  I wasn't able to make it out to Speedweek, so this is going to be an awesome treat!!  I can't wait to see all the LSR cars and meet all of you!! 

My enthusiasm about going on this trip was so contagious, my Dad decided to join me.  We are flying out there Thursday morning.  Probably going to the NHRA Museum, after eating some lunch on Thursday.  Then going to the GRNS all day Friday, until they kick us out.  I'll definitely be picking up a copy of the Century of Speed book too!!!

I used so many exclamation marks in this post, because I am that excited!!!!!!!!!!   :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
Try not to drip on the keyboard.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »
Tom,

Respectfully, one has nothing to do with the other. This is the Grand National Roadster Show. In fact, John Buck donated the hall to the Bonneville folks free of charge so that they didnt have to pay to display like everyone else at the show does. The people that display their vehicles here have nothing to do with with the Century of Speed book that will be sold for $20 in the Save The Salt booth. These books have already been paid for with private money by the sponsors. This is so $40,000 can be donated to Save The Salt so that we all can still have a place to race. People are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, and not making a dime. Please dont unnecessarily rile people on a forum up with incomplete facts on the situation. It's not fair to the organization and the positive growth of our sport.

Thanks.

Hello Sandee,

I think you misunderstood me, I don't expect the GNRS to pay for this exhibit and I applaud John Buck for donating the hall and thought that was very gracious of him. We will address my concern about helping racers get to the show later.

Since you seem to be in the know, how about answering a few questions for me?

1. Is this Century of Speed Book and it organization, a for profit or non profit organization? I did not see anywhere where this is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and that buying a book would be tax deductible, not to be confused with donating $20 to STS at the GNRS to get one of the first 2000 books.

2. According to it's press releases there are only going to be 2000 books made in the first edition, which will be donated to Save the Salt. What happens if this book goes into multiple  printings, do the profits from that get donated to Save the Salt also, or where would the money go?

3. According to the website "The book can also be ordered online for $49.95 plus shipping after the show." Does  $49.95 get donated to STS, since donors have already paid for the book?

Thanks for any clarity,

Tom G.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:41:30 PM by desotoman »

Offline desotoman

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »

Tom,
Brandon and  I will take you up on that dinner!

Rob,

Sounds good, I look forward to it.

Tom G.