Author Topic: That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire.  (Read 13706 times)

Offline Tman

Re: That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
I forgot the car is now blue

Offline SteveM

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
We have kind of diverged from the original posting about Jack Dolan, except for the fact that he was talking about Burkland's Datsun, which Jack remembered, but didn't have the car's original roots identified 100%.

I have read stories about the EXP / LN7, and now hearing that it had something like 700HP potential from a turbo 1.5, becomes even more fascinating.  If there's any more information about that car, in the form of pics or text, I think that people would really enjoy them.  I haven't been able to find any in a basic google search, but that doesn't mean that there aren't pics and text available.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
when Doc J.  sold it, I think it went to the ECTA side of things  but I do not know where or who  it may reside with!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
Peripherally:

I am correctly listed as the SCTA record holder in G/GT.
I have set records in all of the lettered sanctions that have run a Bonneville event.
A magazine picked a Honda S2000 for a easy project to try to beat me but failed both of 2 years recently.
In 1 period I built 8 car entries in 5 years and set records with all of them.

Link to the magazine (article) Jack referred to:

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,2502.0.html

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »
Folks, you have only to check my photogallery on Landracing...

http://www.landracing.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=244&pid=12226#top_display_media

by the way, some weeks ago, out web elf Bob add some more picture....have fun

Some of those photos make you feel as though you're standing there yourself. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »
You are very much correct - it's a 210.  Slip of the fingers, and I know better.  The 510's are cool, but in a different sort of way.

STeve.

Our Colonel had what you guys call a 510 but what we know as a Datsun 1600 with a 327, he has stories to tell about that..... :cheers:

In Canada the 1600 was the Fairlady sports car. Those Japanese were just playing games with us to keep the masses confused.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:26:56 PM by Peter Jack »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
Steve,

I got tons of picture from this car....and I knew that I had this one in this chapter...I remember very well what picture I done and use....also when they run in the numbers of 25 000 slides and 100 000 + digital...only that it is more difficult to find the slides.... :roll:

If you don't mind my asking, Pork Pie - did you remember by "dead reckoning" that you had a photo of the #313 Datsun, or do you have the images tagged/indexed in some way?

Steve.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 02:01:36 PM »
a picture had to be technically not perfect....a picture had to tell a story....a picture has to show a message....at the salt...the picture has to show the spirit of Bonneville...the reason why we love this place so much....

....and this I try to capture....and this is the reason why I call myself an photo artist....not a photographer

a picture is right when the viewer starts to smile :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Folks, you have only to check my photogallery on Landracing...

http://www.landracing.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=244&pid=12226#top_display_media

by the way, some weeks ago, out web elf Bob add some more picture....have fun

Some of those photos make you feel as though you're standing there yourself. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline salt27

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
Dr. Goggles, when you started this thread you indicated that you had more of the Jack Dolan interview.

We have been patiently waiting.   :-D 

Don

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
Don,you're six years old,your idea of patience and mine are two different things, in fact they couldn't be differenter, be patient knee high to a grass hopper........
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline salt27

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »
Dr. G., at 163 you can not afford to procrastinate.

A grass hopper sounds good but I'll have a margarita instead.   :-D

Don