Author Topic: Another newb...well sorta....  (Read 13695 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Newbie Ali
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »
Yup -- It goes like this, Ali:

Both long course and short course:  Start line to 2 mile mark is run-up.

Both:  2 mile to 2 1/4 mile is first timing trap.

Both:  2 mile to 3 mile is first (only) timed mile.

Short course has approx. two miles more of shut down, making a total of five mile short course.

Long course:  3 mile to 4 mile is second timed mile ("middle mile").

Long course:  4 mile to 5 mile is third/last timed mile.

Long course:  Last 132' of last mile is a timing trap for exit speed ("back door")  The speed in this trap is not used for anything official, but instead for helping racers gather a little more data (How fast was it going when I went out the back door?)

Long course has another two or three miles for shut down, length depending on how much good salt surface is available.  It'll always be at least two miles -- more if possible.  There's your "8" miles.

To qualify for the long course you must make a run on the short course and have your vehicle average 175+ in the 2 - 2 1/4 trap of the short course.

How'd I do, folks?  I know this information has been offered here and there, in bits and pieces -- but I think this is a correct summation that'll keep him satisfied for a while.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Newbie Ali
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »
Quote from: Seldom Seen Slim
How'd I do, folks?  I know this information has been offered here and there, in bits and pieces -- but I think this is a correct summation that'll keep him satisfied for a while.

Good Jon :D .  I almost hit one of those new little "+" buttons, but I'm still not sure of the effect of that, so I chickened out 8) .

c ya in August,

Sum

Offline shiphteey

Another newb...well sorta....
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
8)
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Newbie Ali
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 02:25:02 PM »
Good Jon  .  I almost hit one of those new little "+" buttons, but I'm still not sure of the effect of that, so I chickened out  .

I'm not sure, either, Sum -- I think they're a way of you donating one mph from your speed towards mine.  Click away on the + button, please.

Speaking of "...not sure of..."  How do you use the quote system.  I just cut-and-paste, but I think there's a "real" way to do it.

And speaking of see you in August -- hey hey hey, wait'll you hear all the plans for Salt Talks and what else we'll have at the bend in the road.  I'll keep you hanging for now. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »
Prepare to be "entertained", this is not maxton... bonneville is unique...

$1000 might get you there and home, but it wont cover much at bonneville since entry is over $500 at the event, $20 log book, hotels about $100-$200 a night (unless you camp), food at buffets is $20 per night, about $10 a day for lunch at red flame,

have we talked about how many dollars to spend at the "club" across town for nightly entertainment????

Looking forward to seeing it all happen.

jon

landracing

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Sumner

Good Jon :D .  I almost hit one of those new little "+" buttons, but I'm still not sure of the effect of that, so I chickened out 8) .

c ya in August,

Sum

See this thread here on the stars and + and - buttons

http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1335

JON

dwarner

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »
Why are we talking about seeing this guy in August when this is the BUB meet thread?

DW

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
Here's some ++++'s for you Dan.  I can't risk using the official ones as I'l end up in red even faster.  (And Dan, if you rotate them 45 degrees, they become a pair of Dos Equis(sp?).  Here's to you!)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »
Speaking of "...not sure of..."  How do you use the quote system.  I just cut-and-paste, but I think there's a "real" way to do it. . .

You must be hitting the reply button at the bottom.  Use the "quote" button in the upper right of the persons post..then edit between the quotes if you want to take some of it out.

or  cut and past the quoted part multiple times and edit each one like this....

And speaking of see you in August -- hey hey hey, wait'll you hear all the plans for Salt Talks and what else we'll have at the bend in the road.  I'll keep you hanging for now. . .

I'm going to have my 10 gauge cannon there :shock: .

or open another window with landracing.com in it and go to another post and hit the quote in that person's reply and cut and past it into your post like this.....

Quote from: dwarner
Why are we talking about seeing this guy in August when this is the BUB meet thread?

DW

I was wondering when someone was going to figure all of that out :roll: .

or Jon when you are posting hit the quote button above the post box and edit it so instead of {quote} you add {quote="persons name"}.  Replace the {} with the square brackets and hit the quote button one more time to close out the quote and you get this:

Quote from: Jon
Give Sumner extra points for this :wink:

c ya, Sum

bak189

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
Well, Dude, what event are you running SCTA or BUB or both??????
If you run BUB you will save money on Hotel bills....but you have to hurry....also Pre-entry closes July 4....so get a move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the stuff about the courses
might be different for the BUB Meet.  Bring your fork-strap...you might be able to use it at the BUB Meet..............................

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Newbie stuff
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 12:04:10 PM »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

bak189

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 04:57:18 PM »
I hate short skinny people........
Oh, by the way Slim are you ready for the BUB Meet (wire up your kick-stand and safety wire your oil-drain plug)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Newbie stories
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »
No kickstand on my bike, oil drain plug is wired, we won't be going to Bub's.  We plan on SpeedWeek, World of Speed, and the September ECTA meet -- that's three events in four weeks, and once in a while we need to visit the house and check the garden and say hi to the cats.

Now if the Texas Mile had a meet in the middle of our trip from World of Speed -- leaving the Salt on the 16th -- and Maxton -- need to arrive there the 22nd -- we'd try for that one.  I don't think they have mid-week speed trials, though. .  .

We plan to arrive for SpeedWeek on Tuesday the 8th late afternoon.  That's when the fun begins for us this year.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

bak189

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
So sorry Slim.....we will miss you at the BUB Meet....

Offline shiphteey

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »
Haha....I think I'm gonna like it here  :lol:

Definately gonna do BUBs over the others.  From what I understand its

1) cheaper
2) more runs
3) more lax
4) given the 1st week of september slot its cheaper as far as hotels.

I will have to jump online and pre-register soon from the looks of things!  I will be bringing a buddy out on a 1000....so our costs will be split (except for the nitrous  :lol: )

Looking forward to meeting you all there.  Once I pick up a copy of the rulebook I'll post w/whatever my dumbass still doesn't get  :lol:

Thanks again Jon and everyone else!  Jon, every time I see a Maxton pic of me I looking like a friggin retard!  I'm doing some sort of chicken gesture in the pic you posted, in another one I'm loading the 12 w/someone and I'm doing something w/my arm that makes me look retarded (no offense to those that are or have friends/fam that are)....another w/some weird face w/Dave O.  Ah whatever.... :lol:

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4