Author Topic: ?  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: ?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
Devil's Advocate  :mrgreen: : if you were European, how would you write Sum's calculated number?

Mike

Good point I'll bet that is it as they use "," where we use "." if I remember right,

Sum

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
I didn't get to see the post either.
I can see where salt on our cars could be a MINOR problem.
In the seventies I used to drive across the flats 8 to 10 times a month. At that time there was white salt all the way out to the 36 mile post. This year, driving west, it was still dirty salt, not white, at the rest area.
At the chemical plant (whoever owned it) would be numerous gondola train cars loaded with salt to be shipped to who knows where. One train of which there were many, would have more salt on it than we have carried off on our vehicles since salt racing began. Some years when the salt is good, there is almost no salt leaving on the cars and trucks.
When they started racing on the salt, it is said the salt was 48" thick, now it's 1/2"??? The laws of physics says it can't just disappear, it has to go somewhere. My maybe misplaced logic says over the years approximately 46" worth of Bonneville salt has been shipped away for profit, all the while, being denied by the chemical company and the politicians let it happen for contributions.
Rant over.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline paso54

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
Is there really a place in the USA called Dinky doodle ? ......We have a place just down the road from us called Tiddly wink  :cheers:   Didn't see his post either it sounded interesting ...
 :-)

Oh and googlemap
Tiddleywink, Wiltshire SN14

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
 I haven't used the car wash at the truck stop, but a first class high pressure car wash including underbody spray would be a seemingly worthwhile and profitable venture, as well as saving the salt.  Maybe it's something the Save the Salt, SCTA, and AMA/BUB  groups could collaborate on as a good will and meaningful gesture.  I'd use it if it was available.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!