Author Topic: California Hot Rod Reunion  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Bob Drury

California Hot Rod Reunion
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
   Bangshift.com    Funny Car Qualifing on now...............
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

Re: California Hot Rod Reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
Watched a little, gave up with Sundays oildowns.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 01:56:19 PM »
I was at Famoso all day Saturday. Had a great time, talked to a lot of old friends and meet some new ones. Some of the Cackle cars are outstanding, and the racing was not bad either. (except for the oil downs) But that is part of Drag racing. One oil down was caused by two burnt pistons that pressurized the pan, which in turn blew the dry sump oil tank apart, apparently it could not vent fast enough, that one was about a 45 minute clean up on Saturday.

This year they also did not allow golf carts and mini monster vehicles in the Grove, which made for a better environment in my opinion. All in all a great event.

Tom G. 
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline GH

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »
Bob, back in 97 Greg Sharp invited 3 of us Missouri guys with Willys to bring our cars out. Had a great time, got to run 2 times, some guys didn't get to run at all because of the talking and interviewing. I never had a tech inspector come to out pits to inspect the car before then.