Author Topic: Jack Dolan  (Read 14847 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Jack Dolan
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:27 PM »
So sorry to hear this.  A number of years ago I camped in the teardrop for a couple days in front of Jack and Sami's house.  He took me all over San Diego to shops and places like the Crower's factory and out to Bruce Crower's house and shop and a number of other places.  A couple days I'll never forget.

I feel bad now that I've been out of touch.  Thanks Jack and my thoughts are with Sami and the children,

Sumner

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
I was sent this today.  Here's Jack's obituary.

George William Dolan, Jr 1946-2013
     George “Jack” William Dolan, Jr crossed the finish line on October 17, 2013 at the age of 66 after a courageous battle from complications of diabetes.  Jack was born on November 15, 1946 and was a lifelong resident of San Diego, California.  He attended St Charles Borromeo, Our Lady of Angels, St Augustine High School, and graduated from San Diego High School in 1964.  He married the love of his life, Samuellette “Sami” Lynn Hudgens on April 21, 1966.  Jack served as an aircraft/construction welder in the United States Air Force from 1966 to his Honorable Discharge in 1970.  He was stationed at Nellis AFB in Southern Nevada and served a tour of duty in Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam in 1969.  Upon his return, he began his career at Pacific Bell from which he retired in 2002.
     Jack and Sami settled in Clairemont in 1971 where they raised their family.  With family by his side, Jack’s life passion was motorsports.  He held numerous land speed records in both motorcycle and car classes, he was former President of the San Diego Roadster Club, Chief Steward of the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), Motorcycle Tech Inspector for Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Trials, Chief Mechanic for racing partners Doc Jeffries and Scott Guthrie, Technical Director for DRAGBIKE magazine, and Chairman and official timer of the Land Speed Authority.  Jack was instrumental in the establishment of street racing diversion programs in San Diego to provide a safe, legal venue for racing and positive outreach to youth interested in motorsports.
     In retirement, his interests included junior dragster racing with his grandsons, sailing and modifying golf carts for street use.  His faithful canine companions Amber, and then Holly, were always by his side.  Jack was preceded in death by his eldest sister, Anne Dolan Smith (Roy).  He is survived by his wife, Sami; children Jackie Dolan Stockman, Sean Dolan (Jen), and Christine Dolan Saunders (Darrell); grandsons Parker Stockman, Brendan Dolan, Jaxen Dolan, Ayden Dolan, and Baby Boy Saunders on the way; siblings Bill (Fran) Dolan, Chris Dolan, and Judy Dolan Pruett (Steve); along with many nieces and nephews.  A Celebration of Jack’s Life will be held on Saturday, November 2, 2013 from 2:00-5:00 pm at JBA Speed Shop, home of the San Diego Roadster Club, 5675 Kearny Villa Road, San Diego, CA 92123.  Please RSVP to jackdolanmemorial@gmail.com.  In lieu of flowers, monetary gifts may be sent to the family to help defray expenses.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »
Jon, what is the address to send checks to Sami?

John

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
I don't have it but have requested that it be sent to me so I can pass it on to all.  Thanks for asking.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
Herewith:

"Hi Jon,

You can mail to Sami 3495 Mt. Everest Blvd., San Diego, CA 92111.

Thanks,

Jackie
Jack and Sami's daughter"

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about Jack's passing. Worked briefly with Jack and Doc Jeffries in 1985. Set up one of their Offy's with Nitrous in the Laskester. Here is a shot I found. After not seeing Jack for probably 20 years I went to a SDRC meting and ran into him. After we talked for about 10 minutes he said it's like we just continued a conversation from yesterday not 20 years ago. That's the way Jack was, fun to chat with and exchange ideas.

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »
Jack's memorial yesterday was fitting of a man of his stature. It was attended by all of his family, many from his extended racing family and a large number of his neighbors whose lives were all touched and made better by Jack. Local radio personality and car guy Dave Stahl MC'd. The stories were endless but all had a common theme of a man who gave selflessly to others. Attached is the brochure with artwork by McCoy. I will post a link later today with pictures after I get done working in the shop, like Jack would have expected.

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
Here is link to photos of yesterdays Celebration of Jack Dolan's life. Age range at the gathering was minus a couple of months (Jack's next grandchild) to 92 on New Years (Fred L). Picasa has changed so let me know if link doesn't work.

https://plus.google.com/photos/118358063137299747038/albums/5942194073151384689

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »
It is asking me to sign in to google...
don't have a google acct.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
Try it again, I made it Public....

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:32 PM »
No, still want me to sign in... anyone else getting it.
Stainless

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Wants approval for owner.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline desotoman

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:57 PM »
Thanks Ken,

The first one worked for me.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
The second one works, thanks
Stainless