Author Topic: INPUT needed on Pro Fox SFI 3.2A/15 firesuits  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Phil Veldheer Racing

INPUT needed on Pro Fox SFI 3.2A/15 firesuits
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
I am taking a T/O NASCAR truck to Speedweeks in 2014.  I have firesuits from drag racing but not SFI 15.  I found Pro Fox and they seem to have a pretty good price on their suits.  Has anyone purchased  a PRO FOX suit and where you happy with your purchase.  Thanks for your time.
Phil
Phil Veldheer Racing
IHRA World Record Holder

Offline jacksoni

Re: INPUT needed on Pro Fox SFI 3.2A/15 firesuits
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
-15 is the minimum.  Don't skimp, get a -20. Joe Timney (ECTA pres- Delaware Chassis Works) is dealer for lots of stuff and gives discounts for LSR racers. Lots of others of course.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
-15 is the minimum.  Don't skimp, get a -20. Joe Timney (ECTA pres- Delaware Chassis Works) is dealer for lots of stuff and gives discounts for LSR racers. Lots of others of course....

I agree, get the 20 then you could drive anything in the future. Got my R.J.S. Suit from Wesco Performance and I'm very happy with it...

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/mullay32a2no.html

Joe also certainly deserves our business, didn't know he had suits,

Sum

Offline Tman

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
I sell Stroud but lots of the 15 and 20 suits are special order through my warehouse. Due to sizing and such I would go direct to Stroud like Buddy did for Flatcad.

PS, the reason so much of the safety stuff we use is special order has to do with the lack of buyers for the high end safety gear. Basically Top fuel and LSR. The roundy rounders and bracket racers can get by with a fancy looking monkey suit that has minimal protection. That is who most of the companies sell the bulk of their suits and belts to.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:50:20 AM by Tman »

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »
I have both a 15 and a 20. They were both bought at High Performance swap meets and unbelievably both were new. The 15 had some fading because it was a display model and the 20 was because the manufacturer was trying to get his product out on the west coast. I have newer owned or driven a car which needed a 20 but it is the one I habitually wear. Make sure what ever you but is somewhat comfortable as you may be in it longer at times. Black is beautiful as they say but I personally would never have one on the salt. After 35 years on the salt I prefer lighter colors. The most comfortable suit for me is a Stand 21 but a little over my budget but would be on the top of my list if it was hard to get in and out of my race vehicle.

There will always be contraversy on which brand is better but I never let that phase me. All the manufacturers must meet the prescribed specs and to me makes the choice yours. One thing I do is store them laying flat in a suit case and not on a hanger. Jim Diest told me that back in 1976 and I have always followed that advice.

I have them cleaned every year and they still look as good a new. We also take them off immediatley after every run and puy them on just before the run and wear nomex or cotton under garments...........Good Luck     
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Phil Veldheer Racing

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
Thanks for your input...if anyone has a 15 or a 20 in good to great shape for a 6'3"- 225 POUND Dutchman   please email me at 455@i2k.com
I will be at SEMA and the PRI SHOW also and I'll see what offers are there also.
Thanks again.

Phil
Phil Veldheer Racing
IHRA World Record Holder