Author Topic: Propsed Rule changes for 2014  (Read 3134 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Propsed Rule changes for 2014
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
Thanks to Stan Back, I was informed of some potential rule changes that may affect new construction. Specifically the chop on my project. Anybody know where I can find any info on these proposed changes. I know that SCTA will be voting on these changes in the next month or two, but I'd like to be done with that part of my project well before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: Propsed Rule changes for 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 01:51:08 PM »
The clubs are responsible to get them out their members, I got mine last week.  PM me your email and I will send them to you.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:55 PM »
You sir, are a life saver! May not be anything to worry about, but better safe than sorry.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
Tony will only be able to send you the proposed changes.  The Rule Meeting is Nov. 2.  They're hashed out there, but sometimes the final verbiage differs a little by the time the Board acts on them.  If it were I, I'd hold off putting the top back on a new construction car.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
Stan B is correct...Most rules meeting start with the same question after the proposal is read.

Who does it benefit? Who does it hurt? Is it a personal agenda for the writer? That's where most of them stop. Or at least it did at one time. Also many more proposals are dropped at the Rules Meeting that you think.

Clarifications are always in play every year and always will be. Just because the rules committee decides to bring a rule change to the Board does not mean the Board willl vote yes. Many are voted down because the Board  members see it different. . . . . .
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro