Author Topic: Course safety ?  (Read 32298 times)

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
Re: Lame course safety ?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
I lost a front fender off my 'Busa at the last event. Has anybody seen it?

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
Gentlemen, a fender on the course IS a safety issue! The location and position from the tower did not make it visual to me. The track crown hid some of the fender. The visibility over the crown is why we purchased the tall timing trailer. I didn't see the fender until Keith picked it up. I DID NOT see it come off the bike. I watch every run from the time the vehicle comes over the top of the hill until it clears shut down and have for 16 years...every meet! Anyone who relieves me in the tower is instructed to do the same thing.

As you can see, when I first saw this post, I asked EDISH to give me a call so I could interview him on the series of events that happened so we can plan what could be done to eliminate this in the future.

In my humble opinion, RANTING is not a good form of communicating.

Joe, well said.   

Respect is the word I was thinking of.

I hope make the long trip north from FLA this spring. See you in 2014.

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2013, 06:23:38 PM »
Eddish,
I do NOT know who you are as you have chosen to use a stage name. You have tried your case on this forum and have heard from a lot of veteran racers who disagree with your method of handling the issue. If you really care about safety, why don't you give ME a call at my shop,  302.378.3013est between 9 am and 5 pm.
Joe Timney

As I suggested several pages ago. Communicate with the management.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Eddish

• New folks
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 06:24:27 AM »
Given the demeanor in which you've taken here,
I'm guessing that Keith got the same attitude at
the track from you... No wonder why/if he brushed
your comments off. The board takes safety, course
and driver, as priority number 1. We racers do, too.

I'm positive had you stopped or slowed down, then
notified someone in a calm demeanor, you would
have been sent to the front again for another run
post-course sweep. Attitude has a lot to do with
results, Eddish... And yours begs for nothing good.

Kinda skimmed all those posts that went before dincha ?  Selective reading.

This sort of snarky, non-productive posting does not warrant more than that ...... you can crawl back in the hole now.

Offline Eddish

• New folks
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:18 AM »
Hadda long-ish and pretty productive chat with Joe T. yesterday afternoon.

Naturally we agreed that a fender on course is a hazard.  Seems that there is a good bit of "crown" on the track at that point and even an obstacle such as a fender (if located on the far side of the course) may not be visible from the timing trailer. 

Joe does not seem to have any problem with my method (nor timeliness) in reporting the hazard hence the fender was cleared before anyone else was sent down course.

So, this becomes an "incident" to be learned from.  I'm thinking (and submitted for consideration) that a hatch, lawn chair and umbrella be provided for the roof of the timing trailer (yeah, that got a laugh) so perhaps all the "wags" out there should immediately send # 98 sun block to Joe c/o ECTA International Headquarters.

Tis a problem, and now is recognized as such.  Perhaps somewhere along the line some "newbie" will read and heed.  That would make the effort worthwhile.

Snipers, gripers, trolls and the reading impaired can now retire to their caves and go back to sleep ........ to the remainder of ya'll;  Thanks for your attention/support and may all your trips be round.

Eddish

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »
Eddish

Your last post is exactly why your words don't get through to people. It totally discredits your opinion when you attack people.

I will repeat from my earlier post. It is not what you say but how you say it that establishes useful communication. This is my last response to you.

Good luck with your racing.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
Eddish

Your last post is exactly why your words don't get through to people. It totally discredits your opinion when you attack people.

I will repeat from my earlier post. It is not what you say but how you say it that establishes useful communication. This is my last response to you.

Good luck with your racing.

BR

BR said it right, There are knot heads like that in every crowd, thankfully, fewer of them in racing. Maybe Eddish can go find a Play Station now, No fenders there.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
This thread got me thinking about Maxton...it must of been hard to scan that track between runs. With two doglegs, weeds, large cracks and asphalt patches it must have been hard to notice things laying on that track.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Eddish -

I’m glad you didn’t get hurt on your run.  Kudos for shutting down the track and preventing anybody else from getting hurt.

Here’s where you got off on the wrong foot with many of us.

Your tone is condescending.

To have titled this thread “Lame Course Safety?” is an implied affront to the ECTA.  I can conclude two things from such a thread title – neither of which is absolute other than analogies to past dealings I’ve had with other folks.

A. You were looking for an argument – and by referring to those who question your position as “Snipers, gripers, trolls and the reading impaired” and reporting a “pretty productive chat with Joe T.”, one could conclude a degree of self righteousness that only winning an argument will quench.

- OR -

B. Your motives are genuine, and you simply have no tact with internet communications.

Some of us will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Chris Conrad

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »
Perhaps a observer along the other side of the course so debris could be seen beyond the crown would help. Rotate a couple of people and furnish them with a radio to the tower and start line. Just a thought from someone that has years of experience with course control.  :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »
Perhaps a observer along the other side of the course so debris could be seen beyond the crown would help. Rotate a couple of people and furnish them with a radio to the tower and start line. Just a thought from someone that has years of experience with course control.  :cheers:

Wise Counsel.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Truckedup

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »

And volunteers for the job please raise their hand.....
Triumph 650 LTA MPG record holder  133.1 MPH...

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »
This sort of snarky, non-productive posting does not warrant more than that ...... you can crawl back in the hole now.
Eddish

It is not what you say but how you say it that establishes useful communication. This is my last response to you.
BR

My exact sentiments, BR... I volunteered at Maxton FAR more than I raced, and locating / picking up debris from the course was an integral
part of my job... I understand where Eddish is coming from (safety), but his tone lacks tact to the point of defensiveness. Criticism of any
kind can be a welcome and helpful addition to our community, but being constructive instead of aggressive lays the groundwork to better
resolutions. I couldn't care less should someone attack me, but the fact is, these arguments based solely on emotion wastes everyone's
time who are trying to reach the aforementioned resolution. I'm done with this thread, as well. I wish us ALL safe racing.
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
Eddish

It is not what you say but how you say it that establishes useful communication. This is my last response to you.
BR

My exact sentiments, BR... I volunteered at Maxton FAR more than I raced, and locating / picking up debris from the course was an integral
part of my job... I understand where Eddish is coming from (safety), but his tone lacks tact to the point of defensiveness. Criticism of any
kind can be a welcome and helpful addition to our community, but being constructive instead of aggressive lays the groundwork to better
resolutions. I couldn't care less should someone attack me, but the fact is, these arguments based solely on emotion wastes everyone's
time who are trying to reach the aforementioned resolution. I'm done with this thread, as well. I wish us ALL safe racing.

Thank for your volunteerism at Maxton. I was the beneficiary of your efforts with a few records there.

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »
Well folks, we can all go back to our day jobs now...Eddish called me yesterday afternoon. We were able to work out his issues in a reasonable fashion. Thank you for all playing along!
Joe
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com