Author Topic: What's allowed in Diesel Truck classes (injectables)?  (Read 96098 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: What's allowed in Diesel Truck classes (injectables)?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
Someplace, soewhere -- either here or in the Rule Book -- this has been discussed.  I remember sealing water tanks (like gas tanks) and using unopened pure water containers, etc.  Search and you shall find.  (I don't know how.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »
Steve, I have a snow system I am not using. You are welcome to use it if you wish
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SteveM

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »
Steve, I have a snow system I am not using. You are welcome to use it if you wish

KAAZZOOWWWWW!  Thanks for the offer - I don't know how I overlooked your post for so long.

Sending a PM now.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
I would consider plumbing additional water to the area of the head that has the pre-cups  much like the SBC guys do on spraying, no squirting a lot of additional water to the area between the side by side exhaust valves.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SteveM

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
I would consider plumbing additional water to the area of the head that has the pre-cups  much like the SBC guys do on spraying, no squirting a lot of additional water to the area between the side by side exhaust valves.

I'm going to have to let this soak into my brain for a bit, then take a look at a spare cylinder head to see just what is possible.

Steve.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »

Email sent.

Steve.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
PM sent
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:46 AM »
Valve Spring Oilers, spraying oil on the valve springs and the valve stems will also remove a ton of heat especially the exhaust.  It is possible to cool as much with oil as one can with air and water.