Here is info in English for the 2014 Årsunda speedweekend on Ice. I havent bank payment details yet.
Speed Weekend on Ice 28 Feb-1 Mars 2014 Årsunda
This race is held according to Landracings national racing rules together with these additional rules.
Even open for foreign drivers.
SMA Svenska Motorsport Alliansen sanctioned and licenced race
ARRANGER: Landracing, with more clubs like Swedish Speedway Club and Crosscart Original
RACE LEADERS: Speed Record track Glenn Ocklund
Ice Speedway Roland Jonsson
Crosscart Original Fredrik Dahlberg
Ice racing mc MCHK
ORGANISATIONS KOMMITTEE: To be announced later
TYPE OF RACE: Land Speed Record on Ice, flying kilometer open for all vehicles.
RACE STATUS: SM Swedish mastership in speed record on ice is flying kilometer
RACE TRACK: The race consists of two record tracks:
Track 1: speed record track totally 3,2 km long, 30 m wide. 1 km acceleration. 1 km measured, 1,2 km braking stretch.
Track 2: speed record track totally 4 km long, 40 m wide, 1,5 km acceleration, 1 km measured, 1,5km braking stretch
Iceracing track – not a race: Iceracing track 3,2 km
Ice track for car, motorcycle
1. Speed record Thursday-Saturday
2. Ice track for mc, bil, other vehicles, open for training Friday to Saturday. 20 minutes per pass, rolling schedule according to : MC/Quad/Crosscart, Car with standard tyres, Car with Rally/Studs
Class 1 Moped < 50 cc
Class 2 Moped <90 cc
Class 3 Mc <500 cc
Class 4 Mc <750 cc
Class 5 Mc <1000 cc
Class 6 Mc >1000 cc
Class 7 Snow scooter <600 cc
Class 8 Snow scooter <1000 cc
Class 9 Snow scooter >1000 cc
Class 10 Quad <450 cc
Class 11 Quad <750 cc
Class 12 Quad <1000 cc
Class 13 Quad >1001 cc
Class 14 Car< 2000 cc (1979-2009)
Class 15 Car <3000 cc (1979-2009)
Class 16 Car >3001 cc (1979-2009)
Class 17 Roadster-<1949
Class 18 Coupe -<1949
Class 19 Sedan -<1949
Class 20 Pickup -<1949
Class 21 50 1950-1959
Class 22 60 1960-1969
Class 23 70 1970-1979
Class 24 Truck 1950-1979
Class 25 FE Dragster front engine
Class 26 RE Dragster rear engine
Class 27 Truck over 3500 kg
Class 28 Other class, which does not class in the above classes
Class 29 Mc V-Twin <1949
Class 30 Mc V-Twin >1950
Class 31 Killer Bee (Pit bike in accordance with Finnish Bomber rules)
Class 32 Car <1000 cc
Class 33 Car <500 cc
Class 34 Mc 500 cc <1949
Class 35 Mc 501 cc < 1949
Class 36 Mc 500 cc <1973
Class 37 Mc 501 cc < 1973
Class 38 JET
Class 39 Sidecar Mc
Class 40 El (Electric driven vehicles)
Note! Class 1-39 A, B, D, T, after the class , A=Without overpressure
B=With overpressure and/or Laughing gas. D=Diesel. T=2 stroke motor.
Class 17-26 applies to USA vehicles
STARTPLACE: Årsunda (Årsunda camping). Depot by the start
Reporting/testing/licence/El, etc: Reporting Thursday 15.00 – 21:00. At the depot 27/2, Friday 07:00-10:00 and 15:00-20:00 28/2. Saturday closed
Scrutineering:- In the depot at a designated place, open as above, test station closed on Saturday.
Driving between runs: All transport shall be at walking pace, or with engine turned off.
Drivers who do not respect this rule will be disqualified.
Iceracing training after the drivers meeting
TRAINING: After the drivers meeting by class
DRIVERS MEETING: Friday 10.00 am, Saturday 08:00 500m up the track. With a name call out for all drivers, both days. Anyone not turning up shall be disqualified.
FIRST START: Friday 11.00 am, Saturday 09.00am. Event closes as darkness approaches Sunday reserve day.
Race track prohibited After the race is finished every day, no tracks are allowed to be driven on.
SERVICEPLACE: The arrangers shall show the Service place. An environment mat or tarpaulin under the vehicle shall be used- IMPORTANT.
VEHICLE: According to the separate classes.
RACE : One training pass without time, then record attempt in stages (not 300 kmh at first attempt otherwise it shall not be accepted. Friday 28 Feb to Sat 1 March 13:00.
Open after the drivers meetings until 17:00 both days for training
Class 38 Jet class has own separate depot
FINAL INSTRUCTION: A PM may be given out if necessary on site, or be issued on the website
ENTRY MONEY: The entry money for two days of the Speed record is 1000 SEK, throughout October, then 100SEK extra for each month thereafter.
The entry money for the ice track is the same
This year we split the entries for respective tracks to raise the quality for all.
At the latest 15 February you must register your entry. After registration payment then your place is booked. Eventuell late entries may be taken. You need to register before you can ( if wished) book a lodging at the KratteMasugn at a reduced price for the team. This reduced price is only until the 20 December.
The entry MUST be made at www.speedweekend@
landracing.se och MUST include the following.
Class (plus A,B, D, or T(can be more than one)
Vehicle (model, type)
Wished start nr (look in the start number list and choose a
free one) preferably not more than 3 digits)
Depot size (car+trailer, bus or truck length and bredth)
Photo (preferably photo of vehicle – optional)
AMOUNT OF STARTERS: Arrangers maintain the right to limit total of starters to 100 on the Speedrecord. Also 100 on the Icetrack. If there are more entries, then first come, first served rule guarantees the start possibility.
Entry Entries shall be at the arranger at the latest by 15 February 2014
PRIZE JUDGING: This is by class with a Diploma to top 10 with the highest registered speed. Diplomas can be ordered from placing 11 onwards.
Trophies from 1st to the 6th placed total fastest. If 7 entries in one class then a trophy will be given to the first, if 10 entries in one class then the top 3 get a trophy
There will be a trophy to the outright fastest in Top Speed
Other prizes and trophies may be presented.
RESULT LIST: Will be given out at the start line after the race is finished and posted on the website
PRIZES: Free for sponsors to come with a prize suggestion
PRIZE GIVING: As soon as possible after the race on Saturday , in Årsunda Camping in the restaurant. A ticket is necessary to come in. Banquett 250 SEK, otherwise entre 100 SEK (included coat hanging)
OWN CANCELLATION/ INFO: Must be done via Glenn Ocklund info@Landracing.se
POSTPONEMENT: If the racing permission is not gained for the race, or less than 60 entries , then the race can be blown off.
Announced on website www.Landracing.se
IN THE CASE OF POSTPONEMENT, STARTING MONEY OR OTHER PRE-PAID SERVICES/PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE RE-IMBURSED, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON
PROTESTS: leave your eventual protests within 30 minutes after the end of the finished race
LICENCE: A one time licence for the event can be purchased upon arrival. SMA issue these, car 2 days 150 SEK, MC 200 SEK, several drivers can share the same vehicle, but each driver must purchase a licence in order to be insured.
ENVIRONMENT: Environment mats shall always be used at your service stops. Green fuel is recommended, such as Aspen Plus or racing 102 oktane, E 85, etc.
CATERING: On the ice , Årsunda Strandservering and even out on the balcony with After Speed.
LODGINGS: All lodgings in Årsunda can be booked through KratteMasugn. All lodgings are preliminarily reserved for the race teams – for a while. Note:- limited spaces. The food package for Årsunda Strandbad is bookable through Landracing. Living at the camping is bookable through Årsunda Camping +46 26 290800
CAMPING: There is a possibility to camp on the campsite, with good prospects like El, showers, toilets. It is very close to the start, and day/night depot is right next to the start. You can bring a large buss or lorry into the camping. You can even camp in the depot, where there shall be EL which costs 500SEK Thursday-Sunday (240V / 10 Amp.) If you need 400V/16A that costs 800 SEK. You don’t need to pre book the EL, but best if you do. You can bring your own generator, but we would need you to bring a long lead so that it can stand 30 m behind the depot for both fire risk and noise level.
Fundamental rules for Speed Weekend
• Two days on the ice, Friday-Saturday. Sunday is a reserve day in case of adverse weather
• Tyres :- you can use what you like, but they must be in good condition. The arrangers test crew shall inspect and mark ALL tyres to be used at the testing station upon arrival.
The vehicle must be washed and clean for three reasons:- no sand, salt or snow to fall on the ice -this damages our ice scraping machines. Also our decals need to be easily stuck on, and there is a lot of press/media present.
Vehicles who don’t heed this rule shall not be allowed to start. Vehicle washing possibilities shall be present.
• Obligatory dead mans grip on mc, quad, scooter, moped.
• Start numbers are provided on site by the arranger, and shall mounted on the cars side back side windows or front door, so the driver needs to ensure an even area on each side of Car 500x500 , MC/snowmobile/quad/moped 200x200 mm to mount the start numbers on. (so the public can easily read it)
• Racing leathers or similar obligatory on MC, Snow scooter or Moped and Quad. Also Helmet, Back protector, leather gloves or similar.
• Safety equipment in car: Helmet, gloves, flameproof underclothes are the minimum demand.
• Transponder is not necessary
• Environment mat is a demand, and take care with glykol and oil because it is a sensitive nature environment. Any spills shall be reported directly to the race organizers.
• Handling runs are to be with care, and the speed to be increased carefully in steps after 150 kmh in order to get the feeling of the vehicle and check the tyres / vehicle for extra safety.
1 km run up, 1km timed speed stretch, 1,2 km braking stretch.
• Safety classing the car : Open/Cabriolet car must at least have a roll bar with supports and hand protection. Mail us regarding safety questions during your build or before the race , so we can advise how your vehicle can pass the scrutineering.
Without roll cage – 250 kmh max average speed.
Over 250 km average speed – a proper recommended roll cage/bar with supports, 4 point seatbelt and racing seat and prop shaft protection ring
• Lodgings package can be booked for the Kratte MasugnThursday-Sunday for a reduced price, and this is primarily reserved for drivers/team, many other kinds of lodgings can be booked through the www.krattemasugn.se
. This hotel is in Torsåker , approx. 20 minutes/ 30 km from Årsunda. There is a buss leaving from the Årsunda Camping Kratte Masugn on Saturday night 01:30
A food package, which is at Årsunda Strandbad can be bought for 650 SEK. That includes food Thursday, Friday, breakfast Friday-Sunday, and the banquet on Saturday evening.
Otherwise just the banquet is 250 SEK (not including drinks)
Entre Saturday night 100 SEK, including wardrobe and band.
Approx 100 Entre places are available.
• If there isn’t a class for you or for other questions contact info@Landracing.se
• Time taking is done by with photocells, the time is measured when the vehicle passes the photocells. This year even at the 1000m mark, with entry speed and final (Top Speed) The 1000m is converted to average speed.
• Ambulance is on place Friday and Saturday
can attend but the driver has to contact them, this must be done at least 2 months before the record attempt, preferably 3 months, and they only recognize the fastest MC , Car , etc – (they do not recognize class wins, only absolute fastest car, mc, etc)
• Rock band is booked for Saturday night.
Live music Friday
After Speed on the balcony Friday and Saturday approx. 15:00-18:00
• All photographing and filming for PRIVATE use is allowed, press cards are necessary for the Media
• Otherwise we hope you have a pleasant weekend on the ice , with Spring sunshine.
Entry Friday 120 SEK, Saturday 150 SEK, Weekend Pass 200 SEK.
Under 15 go in free.