Author Topic: B-Class Lakester for sale  (Read 10015 times)

Offline longshot

• New folks
B-Class Lakester for sale
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
I just spent over $150,000 building my wife a B-Class lakester that she doesn't like so we are now sellng it at a loss.  Asking $120,000.  Car is equipped with a Chevrolet 383 stroker that is turning approximately 800 hp.  Powerglide transmission that has been built and dyno'd to 1300 hp.  Ford 9" racing rears with 3:07 gears.  locking racing axles.  Brand new Mickey Thompson Bonneville LSR tires rated at 500mph +.  Billeted aluminum wheels.  Engine was built to be as bullet proof as possible.  H-beam rods, Forged Mahle pistons, Dart heads, Roller cam, solid lifters, oversize pushrods, crank trigger, fully geared timing system (no belts or chains), Fast fuel injection that self adjusts to altitude and weather, electric fuel pump and water punp.  Body and cooling systems built by C&R Racing (supplier to NASCAR and the Indy car circuit)  Driver helmet air induction system, electronic shift that can be set for desired RPM.  Custom built chassis by Ellis Racing, Fortville, Indiana.  Due to not having dual parachutes and properly rated tires, car did not pass tech last year and was only allowed to make a shakedown run. All tech issues corrected and car has passed ECTA tech.  No inspection at Bonneville this year due to rain-out. For some reason, cannot post photos.  email me at photio@aol.com for photos and additonal information.

Offline desotoman

Re: B-Class Lakester for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:28 PM »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline longshot

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
yes, that.s it.  Maybe I need to find the photographer and pay him to post it for me.  LOL

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:45:38 AM »
longshot, here are the pics I took:

No need for pay, just trying to help an LSR brother out!  :-D  :cheers:

Gregg
PS: I also took pictures of Don McMeekins 240SX that's for sale as well and it's in my Photobucket!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:51:22 AM by gkabbt »

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
I know it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind....if it were my wife, I would then ask her to kindly drive the push truck for me. :)

Nice lakester, looks like it has the best parts available. Sorry to see you selling it.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »
Question, does this car have a run history, seems if it did it might bring some interest for the high price you are asking. It's a nice looking car. Just wondering, I do not want to sound like I am knocking it because I'm not.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline longshot

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
The car was run once at Bonneville last year.  When we took it out, it did not pass tech for the class that it was in and they only let us do a shakedown run on the 150 track.  (The issues with tech were the tires, we only had one chute, and we only had one fire extinguisher.  All have been corrected and the car passed tech this year at ECTA event) When we ran a shakedown, the shifter cable broke and we never got out of first.  Car still ran 186 mph according to computer.  Fortunately, the rev limiter kicked in and the car slowed to mid-140's before going through the trap.  Since last year's visit to Bonneville, we had the cooling system revamped by C&R and also had them put on a new skin, wings on the front axles, and air intake.  According to them, their changes gave us 30 more HP and the wings gave us another 10mph.  No proof of these promises since Bonneville got rained out this year. I can tell you that with the current configuration, we are using 3:07 gears and the engine will take off in 2nd gear (2 speed powerglide) without bogging down.  The car handled wonderfully at 186,  but we have no evidence of what it will do at higher speeds or with the new skin.  The engine is built as bullet-proof as I could make it.  Over 50 grand in the motor alone.  Hope this helps.  There is a video of our run last year with the old configuration.  Google "Maiden run of the Landshark and go to the video that is listed.  With volume up, you can hear the engine and hear the rev limiter kick in at the end of the run.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »
My math says the rev limiter must have been set to 7000... what will that thing rev to?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline longshot

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 05:46:05 PM »
We had rev limiter at factory setting of 9600 rpm.  She hit it.  There is a video of that run where you can hear the engine shut down at the end of the run.  The video shows the old skin and configuration of the car, but gives you an idea.  To reach it, google: Maiden run of the Landshark.  It will come up and you can click on it.
Walt

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
Have any details on where you got those wheels made?  GLWTS BTW.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member