Author Topic: records are up  (Read 25663 times)

Offline bak189

Re: records are up
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »
Regarding, second class citizens....actually the SCTA/BNI has adapted well to having M/C's on their program (yes, I said it)..............I first ran a M/C at the 1954 meet............all the cars ran first and if there was still time on the program the bikes got to go............much better today (there I said it again)

Also regarding the AMA leaving LSR at the end of the 1970's.....there is a whole lot more to that story........Only Jack Dolan and us other "old" guys know what!!!!!!!!!
Question authority.....always

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2013, 12:37:21 AM »
My little AMA record book from 2008 is on the table right next to me.  There are all sorts of old records in almost all classes, many, many, more old records than new ones, and there are not a lot of open classes.  Vesco, Munro, Riley, Rayborn, Campos, Angel, etc.  They are all there.  As mentioned earlier, some things said on this thread are a bit far from what we see and remember.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2013, 01:10:35 AM »
Well time to pack for the AIMExpo show ....take care...we can chat later...hey Bakker do you still need those 750 BMW pistons.?

Offline bak189

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
Yes, John, we still need those high comp. BMW pistons.......Bill Becker is getting it all together..............we may be looking at as many of 12 to 16 pistons.....................have a good show.................
Question authority.....always

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 12:11:16 PM »
for those of you who were at Bubs 2013 do any of you remember a guy on a Honda 500cc pushrod Hawk who was running in the PPF and I think MPF class?  I thought he set 1 or 2 records this year but I do not see them in the new records.  Anybody know what the deal with that is?

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2014, 05:35:56 PM »
I can't remember the name.............He was next to us along with his uncle on a HD drag-bike...............Each time he ran he said he had a new record............ran in 4 classes............all about 98 to 102 mph.

I expect some serious challenges from a new competitor.
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 12:44:11 PM »
for those of you who were at Bubs 2013 do any of you remember a guy on a Honda 500cc pushrod Hawk who was running in the PPF and I think MPF class?  I thought he set 1 or 2 records this year but I do not see them in the new records.  Anybody know what the deal with that is?
Dan,
Not a "Hawk" , but a CX500, I think.  Is this the guy?
Team 507 Mark Hultstrand 507 500-M-PF Honda 104.052
Team 507 Mark Hultstrand 954 500-P-PF Honda 100.096
He's in the new record book.  Although, I don't see how he could run in P-PF (Production,Pushrod,Fuel, or maybe it Production, Production, Fuel????)

P.S.  It took me a while to get thru this thread.  I thought I was reading about "BUB rule questions", but it seems to have become somewhat compromised.  Maybe Slim should just combine all the "rule questions" into one forum.  There would be some interesting interplay on that one!

I don't run in BUB instead of SCTA for any particular reason other than it's not convenient for me to go to Speedweeks.  But in case anybody cares, I think BUB's and FIM records are the only true "two way" records.  And my records exceed the SCTA records in 500 A-PG by 10mph, and 500 APS-PG by 20 mph.  I don't mean to brag, but I think if BUB does continue, many more SCTA records will be exceeded as time goes by.

Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
I looked in the records but did not see the new records he set. Where did you see them?

Yes I agree PPF is the most ridiculous class i have ever heard of but they seem to be allowing it!!!

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
Dan,
Second page, about a 1/3 of the way down, Team 507, under his name.  Records are listed alphabetically by last name, I think.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »
My bad. I was looking at an old page of the records.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:15 PM »
Haven't looked -- but listing records by the last name of the holder seems a bit odd.  The archaic SCTA lists them in class order.  What an idea!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
they will be listed by class when they are put in the official record book.  These are just the records that were set this year awaiting certification.

Please don't try to turn this into something that is isn't!

Offline jeffb

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
FIM and FIA are accepted when those records exceed like vehicle records that are already established 200 MPH Club records. 
Why no AMA acceptance... re-read post 15... the last 2 lines would be my bet.  They have yet to have their act together consistently. 
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is about speed... and integrity of the club and it's records.
Besides, like you said, they have their own club  :cheers:

Can you explain to me how FIM classes are converted to SCTA style class designation when looking at 2 club mins?  There doesn't seem to be a direct link because FIM doesn't have a designation for what fuel/gas you run.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 10:29:46 AM »
Jeff, what class would you like converted...  :| 
The 200 MPH Club works on record speeds set at Bonneville.  The Board will look at FIM records to determine if that record met the requirements for membership.  I know that a record set at the Bub last year was accepted by the Club and the new member will be inducted at the SpeedWeek Banquet just like every other member that gets in after the Banquet.  She will already be wearing her hat, that comes as soon as the record is accepted by the club, just like at any other meet.  Why not instantly?  The club is not represented at the Bub Meet so the prospective member must submit their record for acceptance.  The FIM does not award records immediately like the SCTA so it takes time.  The club hates to give someone a hat, and then take it back, it has happened...  :-(
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jeffb

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 11:32:57 AM »
Stainless, PM sent