Author Topic: records are up  (Read 25729 times)

Offline nrhs sales

Re: records are up
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
Our AMA 1350cc MPG record this year is faster than the SCTA 1350cc mpg record.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:31:51 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:05 PM »
Our AMA 1350cc MPG record this year is faster than the SCTA 1350cc mpg record.

Very cool, is that the same record you hold at Bonneville?

You're a 1%er, your AMA record is faster than SCTA..I have one of those also..  :cheers:

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
Very cool, is that the same record you hold at Bonneville?

What???   :?

They are both records set at Bonneville. One SCTA, one AMA. Different bikes however and different riders as I am no longer associated with Aaron Wilson in any way.

You are correct that most of the AMA records are slower than the SCTA equivalent but there are a few that come to mind this year like Hiro Koiso and Jodi Perowitz that were blisteringly fast at Bubs.  But they were probably running FIM, not AMA.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:35:57 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
That's what I meant..same record you hold at Bonneville/SCTA..set back nearly ten years ago with different rider and bike.  Great job.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
hoping to run the same bike in fuel next year and get it close to 180 mph.  My wife is my rider now and I hope to get her over 200 in the next 4 years on a Harley v-twin but we are taking it in small steps. Just don't want to rush her into those kinds of speeds quite yet. 170 this year was perfect! 

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
Yeah that's flying for sure, she is so small that will be good for sure..

Offline bak189

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »
John N. is certainly pushing SCTA/BNI lately......but being as old as I am I can recall that John was far from happy a few years back with SCTA when he had some issues regarding a El Mirage meet

SCTA/BNI a org. with "patina".......................Really, thus that mean old and rusty...
Question authority.....always

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »
Bob,

I have raced many of the LSR venues in the same year, El Mirage, SCTA Bonneville, DLRA in Australia ECTA and Bonneville Bubs meet..yes in the same year..building, tuning, prepping, and even riding the bikes myself.  I am not sure about your actual riding/racing any longer however with my work I no longer can make as many races and hit as many venues as I have in the past each year.

Also the last time I raced the AMA/Bubs event I was fortunate to win 10K however since then they have not been able to put up any financial awards like they were able to in the past and I was able to race other venues with money I earned at that event.

To let you know how little the AMA "records" mean to me I had just completed my only pass in the faired classes at the 2008 AMA event and made 5k, after I made it to the official at the end of the run and was told I was the fastest Partially Streamlined bike of the event 250+ mph and had won an additional 5k I was asked by the official when I would be ready to make my return run for the AMA National record?  I said to him "F" the AMA record, I am here for the money.

I got on the officials FM radio and told Tom B it was me and asked for permission to ride back up the course, he locked down the track and gave me permission to ride back up the track.  As I said the AMA records to me are not anywhere as enduring as the SCTA records.

The Bubs people, volunteers, AMA Ken, Drew and his Crew, Delvene, Pipi AKA Linnea and others are great and I am happy to have participated at that event for 5 years in a row.  Also thank you for sponsoring the sidecar classes, I only wish I could have brought that "wheel on a steek" to win your money as well.

Night Bob.

J

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
The level of douche in that post is amazing.

Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline sabat

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 07:33:21 AM »
Hey John, you ever think of running for Congress?  :-D  Dean

Offline bak189

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »
I would vote for him...............He is still my HERO...............

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »
The level of douche in that post is amazing.

He is Noonan!! what more needs to be said.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
Hey I tell it the way it is, if you don't like it or have other beliefs that's fine.  At the end of the day we all as LSR enthusiasts are a very small group all over the World.  As long as we continue to persue our goals whether for records or personal bests it keeps many people come back year after year.

Many seem to overlook what AMA did because they didn't know what happened in the past, as Bob said SCTA took out the sidecar classes with passengers.  Imagine having set a record in the 70's in AMA LSR only to see the orginisation close the LSR part and decades later see that the started up racing again and nearly started with a clean slate.  "Records" for everyone. 

As I said, I like both however for the future of records and record keeping SCTA has done a better job.

Offline bak189

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »
It certainly hurts me to note that my HERO John N. is incorrect.....................
The BUB event when they started 10 years ago DID NOT start with a clean sheet regarding AMA records.............They have been at it now for 10 years and there are still 1960 and 1970 records on the book..........................
5-50c.c.
7-100c.c.
1-125c.c.
4-175c.c.
4-250c.c.
8-350c.c.
7-500c.c.
4-650c.c.
5-750c.c.
5-1000c.c.
3-1350c.c.
10-2000c.c.
5-3000c.c.    Some of these records are shown to have been set in the 1960
we have been running against these records for 10 years now at the BUB Meet
and the above are still on the books.....certainly not a start with a "clean sheet"

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Bob, yes in most cases however some racers were told they set an open record however there was a record set in the 70's in the same classes, I am sure record keeping was hard to sort out after AMA bailed on LSR racing.  Hopefully they will continue to sanction the event forever and that it continues.  It give the bike racers a place of their own and are not made to feel like second class citizens by the SCTA (yes I said it)