Author Topic: records are up  (Read 25664 times)

Offline bak189

Re: records are up
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
Talk about a records "mess-up"....SCTA/BNI allowed for a passenger in the sidecar from 1978 to 1987, no passenger allowed from 1987 on (thanks to Elmo)
however, did they retire the "passenger records".. no way.....1991 there was a sidecar streamliner class in the books, 1992 (with new rulers) they just dropped the class, did they retire the class...no way...................at least AMA/FIM retire a changed and dropped class and the records stay on the books.......

PS. Glad to hear John you liked racing the BUB event and if I recall you made some BIG dollars thanks to Denis Manning..............................................
Question authority.....always

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Hey John.

Took this from your post because I was about to make some future plans and this caught my eye. Is there anything you can or care to add to the following bit. You might save me from going in the wrong direction with a customer who I am suppose to set a game plan with this week. Any insight appreciated. Contact me off line if thats better. John Ritter  vintageporting@gmail.com or 931-374-8164 Thanks.

Snipet of your comment
-I love that Denis Manning got the BUB's speed trials up and going however many of us feel it won't be around much longer

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:30 PM »
Just curoiuos as to why the BUB speed trail won't be around much longer?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »
If Denis stopped his involvement do you think the AMA would take it over?  Or would would you take it over from Bubs?

Offline bak189

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
SO what are you implying John................I know you just love to imply............

NO BUB....give us some facts................................................

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »
I personally don't think Denis will be leaving the scene.  Its in his blood. Plus the fact that the BUB meet stands alone, now run by Delvene, not Denis.  Add that to the AMA interest, now calling it an AMA Grand National Event, add S&S's renewed interest in the Land Speed Game, along with some of the new event sponsors, and I think the BUB/AMA Land Speed Trials will be here for quite some time.  We all love Delvene & her crew - they do a great job, & it keeps getting better every year.
 Where else is there a Motorcycle Only Land Speed Event ?  :-D

Not sayin we have anything negative about running cages & motorcycles at the same event on the salt, even though some of the cagers still look at the bikers as - just something in the way, taking up their time - just sayin -   :-D

The AMA/BUB Grand National Motorcycle Land Speed Trials, the way I see it, are here to stay.  IMMHO   :cheers:

As a P.S.  We also enjoy the asphalt/cement at Loring Maine & Wilmington Ohio. The cages there don't tare up that track surface for the Mcy's.
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
Sure seems to be a lot of folks spreading rumors without anything to back it up.  If Dennis was in  such bad financial shape i doubt he would have ran the #7 streamliner this year as I know that cost a ton of money just to get it ready.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
Hey, answer my question first..as I mentioned if Denis/Bubs stopped running the event who would take it over?  ????????   SCTA is an organization that is run by dozens of volunteers who work all the time to secure that the SCTA can continue another 65 years..if any one or several of the volunteers stepped away even at the same time the SCTA would continue..How long has the FIM been around?  Along time and it's longevity is because it is not run by one person, Delvene and her staff work their butts off however it is costly and if it means keeping your business going or the racing event you have to choose??  Didn't Denis already close his other facility several years ago?

Running the Bubs and other events is very costly and all it takes is one good rain out to hurt the pocketbook to the point where the event could not happen.

I have not said he was getting out of the Bubs meets, I have asked who will if it were to happen?  Wobbly?, Dan at NHRS?, Bob Bakker? the AMA?

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
Your question was answered John - Denis no longer "runs" the event for a couple years now.  Delvene & her crew do it all, along with a great number of dedicated Volunteers, just like the scta does. Many of the BUB Volunteers are repeat workers, year after year. It is a dedicated group. 

So trying to accurately answer "what if" questions about this,  becomes rhetorical and a waste of time - So here is one for ya - What if the current rate of Global Climate Change puts the salt under a couple inches of water for 9 or 10 months or even all year ? What if - what if - what if -

You can sleep well tonight John - the AMA/BUB speed trials will be around for quite some time -

Yeh - I'd bet on it.  :cheers:

From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
Jim,

I hope you are right however I am not talking about just being around for "quite some time", I am talking decades...

When I say "Bub's" not sponsoring it or taking care of it that includes the employees at Bub's including Delvene etc.  What happened last time the person spearheading the AMA left..?  This is an honest question as I don't know..I do recall they sanctioned LSR racing on the salt and then stopped for a long time until Denis and his crew stepped in to get it going again.

Yes I have been to 5 of the Bub's events and also made good money by the generous sponsors that provided prize money in the past.  It is great to have an all bike event and I hope it continues for "a long time to come"  :cheers:

J

Offline bak189

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
OK.....so it is all about "what if's" that clears it all up....I fully understand it now?????

Regarding, the AMA sanctions for LSR in the last century, with our friend Earl Flanders...............that is another long story....(long before your time John)... but some of us are old enough to know the REAL story....and it has nothing to do about the AMA having lost interest in LSR............................................

WHAT IF???

Offline joea

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 02:38:32 PM »
one thing we know for sure.....as facts....is:

that the AMA left the LSR scene for decades...

reapeared and largely adopted SCTA rules and started with a relatively
clean slate.....if there werent enough open records at SCTA there became:

an entire
new AMA book to allow folks to be "record setters"...

plus the added bonus (in addition to highly contested sidecar classes) the TRIKE classes...

plus FIM also started from a fresh slate, closely adopting the SCTA rules that have evolved....

creating another book of open records.....

I applaud them both for supporting lsr...and trying to evolve....

a potential side is that....if they leave again for sometime...well hopefully not....

now that all the sanctioning bodies have diverged some......it allows for alot more exclusivity....

Offline bak189

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
Maybe that fine looking Doctor from Harmony.com could be helpful in getting all the LSR rules the same for all of us......(not very likely)...............................

Example:  The SCTA/BNI a couple of years ago made the mistake of asking me to sit in on one of their M/C rules meetings.....After the meeting one of their "officials" pulled me aside and noted that he did not want to see anything discussed on "that Landracing.com site" and that I should not tell anybody what was discussed........That "official is still active with SCTA/BNI....
Same rules.................Not likely with that kind of thinking....Hey, maybe down the road all LSR rules the same.....or maybe somewhat closer to each other.
PS. I declined any further in SCTA/BNI invitations.......................................

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
one thing we know for sure.....as facts....is:

that the AMA left the LSR scene for decades...

reappeared and largely adopted SCTA rules and started with a relatively
clean slate.....if there weren't enough open records at SCTA there became:

an entire
new AMA book to allow folks to be "record setters"...

plus the added bonus (in addition to highly contested sidecar classes) the TRIKE classes...

plus FIM also started from a fresh slate, closely adopting the SCTA rules that have evolved....

creating another book of open records.....

I applaud them both for supporting lsr...and trying to evolve....

a potential side is that....if they leave again for sometime...well hopefully not....

now that all the sanctioning bodies have diverged some......it allows for a
lot more exclusivity....

Joe,  :cheers:

Please stop making sense...it is hilarious to see someone post online they are the world record holder in @#$%^& class for AMA and it is much slower than SCTA (Salt) , El Mirage (Dirt) or ECTA (Pavement)...for perpetuity I would rather set records in an organization that has a bit more "patina"  

When I raced at Maxton I met many great racers and volunteers and even saw them at other race venues in another country...When I raced at Bub's I again met many great racers however if I want a record to "stick" around I will spend my time, effort and money with either SCTA, DLRA, ECTA or FIM ...one thing about the AMA records I really do like is that there is a measurement process and it is done very thoroughly.  As the bike count has increased I have heard about less runs per racer however that is probably on par with the SCTA and has nothing to do with the longevity of the AMA sanctioned racing..

Now back to work..

John

Offline joea

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
John...hilarious..i was trying to post yet again when yours came up..

i try to keep talking in circles...alot of "facetiousness" in my posts...yet sincere attaboys at the same time...

I was going to say to Bob...if the sanctioning bodies "all LSR rules the same"... there would be alot less open records
and softer records to pursue ...i mean "exlusivity"...

ps i too enjoyed seeing some posts this year about "we just broke a 25 + yr old AMA record" on FB.....more power to everyone...!!!!

proving to me that there is alittle bit of "politician" in all of us...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:30:22 PM by joea »