Author Topic: records are up  (Read 25662 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: records are up
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »
Don't care, does not affect the Bonneville 200 MPH Club. Call me when they have 60 years in service.

And people wonder why some of us think the SCTA folks are all a bunch of arrogant jerks.

Maybe you should have quoted the entire conversation, Dan said Bubs 201 club has no affect on the Bonneville 200 MPH club... and who may be eligible for membership.  The Bonneville 200 MPH club has been in existence for 60 years and has nothing to do with the SCTA being anything...

Bubs 201 club will die when the Dennis stops hosting races. 
So far we have seen the AMA go from ignoring their own class rules and awarding records to interpreting the rules as they go... How long do you think that sort of thing will keep folks coming back.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 05:29:10 PM »
Kind of like when SCTA said you could no longer run aftermarket cases in M class yet allowed all the old records to stand even if those were set using aftermarket cases.  There are "issues" with each organization so lets not act like SCTA is perfect.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
Who had the list of what bikes ran aftermarket cases?
Same thing happened when they changed the PS rules, bikes got faster and records changed hands...
No one, especially me, thinks the scta is perfect... however the 200 MPH Club is not controlled by the SCTA, we are an independent organization, been that way for 60 years. 

The case rule was at least 10 years ago... long time to piss and moan... I think you will never top Bak's record for grudge holding... quit trying  :-D
Stainless

Offline joea

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 01:10:56 AM »
Nrhs...do you realize the Bonneville 200 MPH is completly independent of SCTA....?

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »
Stainless :cheers: :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »
Pretty sure the cases rule came about in 2006 or 2007 so that is quite a bit less than 10 years.

When you  start to accept the AMA records for qualifying towards the 200 club, then maybe i will feel differently. 

I would be interested to know why you will accept FIM but not AMA?   

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »
FIM and FIA are accepted when those records exceed like vehicle records that are already established 200 MPH Club records. 
Why no AMA acceptance... re-read post 15... the last 2 lines would be my bet.  They have yet to have their act together consistently. 
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is about speed... and integrity of the club and it's records.
Besides, like you said, they have their own club  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
The Bubs 201 club recognizes the FIM records and the AMA records.  Would be nice if the powers that be could put aside their petty bickering and all follow one set of rules for every event that is for sure!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
The Bubs 201 club recognizes the FIM records and the AMA records.  Would be nice if the powers that be could put aside their petty bickering and all follow one set of rules for every event that is for sure!

Dan,

To be fair please explain your relation to the bubs 201+ club..

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
I am the sponsor for the Bubs 201 club.  But all that means is I paid for the hats. That is where my role stops as i have no say in who is eligible or not. That is left up to the Bubs officials.  If the Bonneville 200 club would recognize AMA records towards their stuff there would be no need to even have a Bubs 201 club IMO.

I am also the official water sponsor at Bubs But I have no control over whether it rains or not.  ;)

So not really sure what you are trying to imply John?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:55:52 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:28 AM »
Dan..just wanted to make sure people knew your affiliation with the "club" hat giveaway thing..

My feeling is that most of the racers that set records in the AMA classes would not qualify for an SCTA class record in the same class.  "most"

Stainless said it best in one of his earlier posts... :cheers:

Offline bak189

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
Hey, many thanks Stainless.............my grudge record is at least one record the SCTA/BNI can not take away from me and/or change the rules................
"Lest we forget"...............................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »
Hey, many thanks Stainless.............my grudge record is at least one record the SCTA/BNI can not take away from me and/or change the rules................
"Lest we forget"...............................................................

:-D  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
The AMA does not allow the extensive partial streamlining you find on FIM and SCTA/DLRA bikes.  This keeps the speeds down a bit in those very fast classes.  Also, there was no AMA racing in the interval between the Earl Flanders days and BUB.  A lot of records set with older and slower equipment were, and are, in the AMA book during the BUB years.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 01:11:06 AM »
The AMA does not allow the extensive partial streamlining you find on FIM and SCTA/DLRA bikes.  This keeps the speeds down a bit in those very fast classes.  Also, there was no AMA racing in the interval between the Earl Flanders days and BUB.  A lot of records set with older and slower equipment were, and are, in the AMA book during the BUB years.

Yeah AMA seems to have forgotten about many of the records that were set along time ago and started out with nearly a new platform with not many records listed however many classes already had records and many faster than the newer records set at the first few events...sure would be sad to hear that a record you set in the 70s or 80s in the AMA was "beaten" by a new record that was slower machine many years later.

I love that Denis Manning got the BUB's speed trials up and going however many of us feel it won't be around much longer..congrats to all of the AMA record setters..I had some great runs and set some good records and met some great people.