Author Topic: Event Photo Digital .com  (Read 38976 times)

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
Event Photo Digital .com
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
Did anyone else buy their stuff at speed week and have you received it yet?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Beairsto Racing

Re: Event Photo Digital .com
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:51:06 AM »
Yes, I purchased some pictures as well...and no, I still have not received anything.
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
I got mine last Saturday I was beginning to worry...........Car #630

Offline metermatch

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »
I wanted to buy some photos of my car from them.  I actually saw what I wanted earlier in the week, but was going to come back later after more photos were taken.  Then my car broke, I packed up, I missed them at their trailer at 4pm  (they were closed up solid), and I was leaving to go home.  I figured I could contact them online and buy that way... Nope.  Apparently they call themselves "event photo" to mean you can only buy photos at the event.  I swapped a few emails with them since Speedweek, with them saying that they could work something out for me, but nothing has materialized.

I guess now with all of the work and running around getting my car ready to race, I need to factor in to my schedule a trip to the photographer on "their" schedule.

I've been to an awful lot of drag races, and never seen a photographer work this way.  Perhaps this is an opportuniy for an enterprising photographer next year?

Jeff  #2470

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
Would you folks kindly refresh my memory?  Is this "event Photographer" the one that was posting here before the event?  I think that was Kodak team - and I haven't seen any use of Koday, but since it sounds like this one was trying to make a big splash (evven if the results were hardly a ripple) I thought I'd ask.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 05:40:54 PM »
Yes. The Kodak booth in the vendor area with the little hottie running it. Bought some stuff from them at speedweek. Haven't received anything yet. Called last week, left message, no return call. WTF???
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
I received my photos today!
2 Club since '02
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline metermatch

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
It was the little hottie that I talked to early in the day Wednesday of Speedweek.  She said more photos would be coming later that day, so I didn't buy right then.  When I went back at 4:10 pm, they were locked up.  Haven't been able to get anything done since then.

Jeff #2470

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »
We used RaytheRat for our 2011 photos...no problem finding Ray. He is either on the salt or on this forum! Oh and the photos were fantastic.

Nothing bothers me more than a vendor that ignores me. I am polite and patient...until you ignore me. That makes me feel I am irrelevant and that is the part that makes me mad. Why ignore someone who is trying hard to buy what you sell. I never understand that.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
Email Jason if you are still waiting for your photos.

JasonAshton@outlook.com
2 Club since '02

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
We used RaytheRat for our 2011 photos...no problem finding Ray. He is either on the salt or on this forum! Oh and the photos were fantastic.

Thank you.  I appreciate the kind words.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »
"I've been to an awful lot of drag races, and never seen a photographer work this way.  Perhaps this is an opportuniy for an enterprising photographer next year?"

I have sent Jason two messages for my stuff with no response so far.  I agree there is room for another vendor next year.  No excuse for the slow timing, it is not like he had a lot of BUB, Shoot Out, or World Finals business.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
"I've been to an awful lot of drag races, and never seen a photographer work this way.  Perhaps this is an opportuniy for an enterprising photographer next year?"

I have sent Jason two messages for my stuff with no response so far.  I agree there is room for another vendor next year.  No excuse for the slow timing, it is not like he had a lot of BUB, Shoot Out, or World Finals business.

Sorry to hear... but good to know. We should all avoid these folks in the future.

It is hard for a small team to take a lot of pictures and do what needs to be done to race. All I can say is Ray the Rat, excellent shots of our car and the proof files were up by the time I got home. I have not asked Pork Pie but he may be willing to shoot pictures too. Besides, we get great color commentary from Ray. Let's take care of our own.

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Tman

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »
Use folks that live the life. Ray, Tony Huntimer, Mike Harrington, Holly Martin, Porkpie. These are folks that are at Elmo and Bonneville and are part of our community.  :cheers:

Offline edinlr

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
And I paid for my stuff with cash, at least if it had been on my credit card I could have canceled the charges.... okay Lesson #6015 learned and filed away.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo