Author Topic: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP  (Read 109368 times)

Offline Brickster

Re: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2018, 10:58:21 PM »
Today we started setting up the engine on the dyno
1995 dodge Dakota, C/BMMP

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:32 PM »
Hope your dyno session(s) go well.  :-D

Please say hi to Dan for me. He is a good guy. 8-)

Regards,
HB2 :-)
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2018, 08:57:37 AM »
 looks very nice Brickster, WE use to live in Vegas but moved north, We are building an S-10.
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
looks very nice Brickster, WE use to live in Vegas but moved north, We are building an S-10.

Nice! What engine?
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline Brickster

« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2018, 12:58:45 AM »
Multiple days setting up plumbing and wiring. Should be running next week

Offline Brickster

« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »
Hope your dyno session(s) go well.  :-D

Please say hi to Dan for me. He is a good guy. 8-)

Regards,
HB2 :-)

I told Danny you said hi and he thought maybe you were on the phone or up front (at the shop). i think he would have liked to spoke with you.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »

Offline TheHardOne

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
Ahhh,  sounds healthy!!   :-D

Offline Brickster

« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline Brickster

« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline Internet

• New folks
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »
updates sir, updates! need to know how much money I need to spend this winter.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2018, 02:42:07 PM »
I don’t know how much you’ll have to spend but for me the answer was “everything”.
I had not updated here as much as on my Facebook but when we dyno’d with the turbo in place it turned out that the intercooler I built was terrible. It wasn’t a little bad, it made the engine make less power than it did NA. Needless to say that intercooler has been chopped up and turned into the beginnings of version 2.0
The dyno session went like this. We had a good tune NA, made 525hp. Finally got everything plumbed into the turbo and intercooler, remote water tank, electric pumps. It looked like the plumbing department at Home Depot mixed with a science experiment in the dyno room. We fired it up with the coupler to the throttle body redirected just in case there was any debris in any of the plumbing. I noticed then the wheel in the compressor was spinning slower than I thought it should. Hooked everything together and tried a short pull. The engine wouldnt rev, the BOV was open the whole time, it just fell on its face. We disabled the gates and the BOV so it would have no choice but to boost, still no boost. It had vacuum in the manifold at wide open throttle. After some head scratching and discussing options we then put a pressure gauge in the inlet of the intercooler and just removed the tube from the outlet. Did another pull and saw 5 psi in the inlet side of the intercooler with the outlet side wide open. I think we found our problem!
Next test we removed the plumbing between the turbo and the inlet of the intercooler and immediately it rev’d like normal. With the turbo discharge not plumbed into the engine it moved so much air in the dyno cell it threw stuff off the walls that had been hanging there for years. The final test was just to bypass the intercooler and see what happed. With minimal effort I was able to twist around some tubes and get everything connected. One more pull and it seemed like it came up on boost very fast, saw 6 lbs  and stopped the test. We were out of time as we had scheduled a paying customer for the following day.
      Since the dyno testing I have not finished the redo of the intercooler, had some family commitments and needed to recover financially from what seemed like endless spending building up to that point. Just like when everyone asks when do I hope to be done, August, I just don’t know what year. Truth be told I’d like to shake it down at El Mirage before going to Bonneville but I’ll run where I can when I can.

Steve and Rich from Canada built a really nice little Isuzu and bumped the C/BMMP record to 181 and I’m sure with this years experience under their belts they will have even more speed in 2019.  I hope to be in impound with them next year.

Brick

Offline Brickster

« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2018, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »
Keep at it guys ---as they like to say if it was easy we would all have hats!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Internet

• New folks
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2018, 11:59:51 PM »
Haha, I'm sure we will be running first if we both end up in Impound. Good luck over the winter and if we can help at all feel free to ask.