Author Topic: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP  (Read 109365 times)

Offline Ron Gibson

Re: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »
Keep in mind that changing wheel or tire size will change the amount of scrub radius. The standard 28-29 model A axle is engineered for a 21" wheel, my tires are only 22" in diameter. Using the same backspace as stock with 15" wheels and small tires, the scrub radius would be way out of whack compared to stock. Set up with tires you intend to run.

YMMV
Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
There is a reason most roadster guys try to never turn the steering wheel---it will "weigh jack" the drive wheels if you have to turn the steering wheel
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Brickster

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »
A friend asked me what I had left to do so while sitting by the truck I started to list off what was left and it seems the more I do the more I realize I have left to do. One project reveals another. I think it's time for me to do an actual list to help me keep focused. I need to just keep nibbling away at it but I'll give credit to anyone who successfully builds and races anything. It's really a huge undertaking.
1995 dodge Dakota, C/BMMP

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2016, 04:18:04 PM »
What a great way to get me to put links to these "What you need to know and do for Bville" lists:

http://www.landracing.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=78

Also see:

http://www.landracing.com/faq/checklist.htm

Not specifically on-point about your needed list -- but still, lotsa good stuff all of us need to know.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Brickster

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »
For whatever reason the links for the pics don't show the pics unless you click on them. Once your there feel free to look at the other pics.

Brick

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »
Great progress. Nice fab work.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Brickster

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »

When I got this turbo it had a v-band on it. The one I got to join to it was different. So I had to mill the original

I scuffed down the pipe when I was done and all it did was highlight the inconsistency of my welding.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »
Is that a blow off valve you have installed on the manifold?  sure looks nice :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Brickster

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »
Is that a blow off valve you have installed on the manifold?  sure looks nice :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The BOV is just sitting on a rag in the last pic. I do have a large pressure gauge in the manifold facing forward. Thought it would look cool from the dyno control room to watch the manifold pressure during the test.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
Way cool  ---or maybe a GoPro watching it on a run  :-D

Offline ///Ryan

• New folks
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
This has been a great build to read through.  Hope you are still making progress.  I too am working on my first build.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2017, 01:44:15 AM »
Yup, still working away on it. Today I made some more progress on the intercooler. My hopes are to have the engine on the dyno in January

Offline Brickster

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2018, 12:05:59 PM »
I finally got the engine, exhaust, cooling system, intercooler and fuel tank done. Removed it all from the truck and it’s now in the dyno room. Tuning and testing to happen in the next few weeks.

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »
I finally got the engine, exhaust, cooling system, intercooler and fuel tank done. Removed it all from the truck and it’s now in the dyno room. Tuning and testing to happen in the next few weeks.

Nice project. Glad to see there are some more Vegas folks headed towards the "dirt and the salt".  Good luck and take care!
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."