Author Topic: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP  (Read 109360 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2016, 01:52:24 PM »
Extended cabs solve lots of Driver and Cage problems..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2016, 02:16:47 PM »
If it gets to crowded under the hood for the engine and the "hair dryer" you might consider putting the turbo in the passengers side, you would of course need to cover it with a good steel cover but it would be out of the way. Rob Freyvogel (Project 66018 streamliner) ran a mid 80s Corvette with a turboed big block and they had the blower in the passenger area. You get pretty long on the inlet pipes so throttle response is slow but it's Bonneville you probably don't want quick throttle response.

Great build and great workmanship!!!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2016, 04:34:23 PM »
I think I've got things under the hood sorted out. The turbo will be in the passenger side front corner under the hood. If I was smart I'd have got an extended cab but I thought it would be cool to turn the truck I had in high school into a race car.
1995 dodge Dakota, C/BMMP

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
Awesome progress, and great work!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2016, 09:06:05 PM »
Charlie Burns has turbo Y-Block Ford in his GMC Sonoma with everything under the hood so what's the problem with a Dodge doing the same...Just sayin'......
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Brickster

« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »
Charlie Burns has turbo Y-Block Ford in his GMC Sonoma with everything under the hood so what's the problem with a Dodge doing the same...Just sayin'......

No problems, I just like to complain.

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »
Man I love seeing a dakota raced so much... but hate seeing GM power under the hood so much.... so so so torn!
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »
in this case it may be no better that the Mopar product   but it is for sure more easy to find and a lot less money
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:23 AM »
in this case it may be no better that the Mopar product   but it is for sure more easy to find and a lot less money

Oh totally... I mean... I helped a friend find heads for his '69 galaxie wagon this week.... he made it sound hard, it was like... wtf?  Look at all this aftermarket crap!... He could buy aluminum heads for that 302, complete and ready to run, for $20 more than what I paid for an intake manifold for my polysphere.  I do REALLY, REALLY envy the ford and chevy aftermarket.

and I still don't like it... it's just wrong... ITS WRONG I TELL YOU </cartman>
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline Brickster

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2016, 10:03:20 PM »
Exhaust update

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2016, 12:10:21 AM »
You do nice work. The headers are very well done.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »
dude those headers are money.
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline Brickster

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2016, 12:39:32 AM »

We have the engine mostly done. Need to do some plumbing still to get it on the dyno. Was energized to see good reports from BSF even though I won't make it by Aug I'll still keep plugging away.

I was thinking of bringing the truck out to get some early feedback from the tech inspectors. Does anyone think that's a good idea?

Brick

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2016, 01:53:03 AM »
Yes. Come and look for me in Inspection. Be happy to give you my meagre two cents worth..... :-D

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2016, 08:39:03 AM »
You obviously enjoy fabricating, it shows in the quality of your work. That being said there are a couple of things in the front end that stand out. You have an extreme amount of scrub radius that is undesirable for the salt & the tie rod length is at least twice that of the A arm & that will induce bump steer. About the last thing you want is a vehicle that won't go where you point it.
  Sid.