Author Topic: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP  (Read 109396 times)

Offline Brickster

Re: Dodge Dakota C/BMMP
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 01:37:45 AM »
I think I mentioned in the initial post that a traded my uncle the fiberglass repair, body work and paint job on a Corvette for the engine in the race truck. Well while I was working away he came in today to gap rings on another motor he's doing and decided to bring in the hot rod so I snapped a pic.

1995 dodge Dakota, C/BMMP

Offline Tman

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
Brick, if you have any truck specific questions Tim and I are here to help. We have learned some little things pushing that much air!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 12:05:14 PM »
That Corvette looks good. I quoted on a repair on one that got hit by a cement mixer. Builders had the  mixer at the top of the driveway and the only thing keeping it there was a brick in front of one of the tires until some idiot needed a brick. The car owner was an old guy that collected classics and had a six car garage with the front facing the driveway. All the cars had been backed into the garage evenly spaced like collectors do. The mixer chose the Vette. What a mess. That fifty year old resin even shattered along the split line around the trunk. In hindsight I'm glad I never got the job. My quote was the highest and something tells me the other experts never looked around the back. :-D

Offline Brickster

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
I made no progress this weekend. Went to TX for a wedding so I will have to get busy in the evenings during the week to make up for it.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
Good news, my wheels showed up. They are Cragar model 69. They need to be welded still but so far look to be what I wanted.

15 x 5 and 15 x 4.5

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
Good looking wheels Brick!  :cheers: Wish I had mine...  :roll:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »
Great idea for budget wheels Brick!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Good looking wheels Brick!  :cheers: Wish I had mine...  :roll:

Yeah, me too :-D. Just playing.  :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
 :-D Now that's funny Capt!!  :-D
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Brickster

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 01:32:19 AM »
I'm back and I've made some progress

Got the frame bench done and got the truck up and in place

I set up the ride height at 2" with some square tube spacers. The top of the crossmembers represent the ground.

I've got some borrowed mock up tires mounted and set next to the frame to see how much I'll have to raise the axle in the frame.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »
I read this week about buickracer69 building an S-10 so I helped me relight the fire on my own project. I'm shooting for Speedweek 2015 weather permitting.

The progress since the last post is we have got most of the machine work done to the lq9 block. Bored the cam bores for roller bearings, placed the order for the pistons/rings. Found a good dry sump tank on Craigslist. Got the stock rear suspension and frame cut away enough to properly locate the new diff housing and truck arm suspension.

Later this week hope to get some parts back from the CNC plasma guy to assemble and weld the frame kick ups and suspension crossmember.

Posting pics thru photobucket is a PITA so if your like to follow along and you're on Facebook look me up, my page is open. Brick Casper

Offline buickracer69

• New folks
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
I read that you said you bored your LS for roller cam bearing, that sounds pretty serious.

If you don't mind me asking what combo are you putting together, and what is your ultimate power goals?

I don't want to step on your toes since we are both working toward the same record, just figured I would see what others were doing.

Offline 1leg

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 12:09:01 AM »
Interrested in knowing about and where you got the front frame clip and suspension?

Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline Brickster

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 12:11:45 AM »
I read that you said you bored your LS for roller cam bearing, that sounds pretty serious.

If you don't mind me asking what combo are you putting together, and what is your ultimate power goals?

I don't want to step on your toes since we are both working toward the same record, just figured I would see what others were doing.

Lq9, dry sump, 317 heads, good rotating assembly, fast intake, Holley dominator EFI, 91mm turbo, air/water. Only looking for a rock solid 850 hp and never lift the hood while on the salt.

Offline Brickster

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
Interrested in knowing about and where you got the front frame clip and suspension?

The front clip is from Howe racing. It was a piece that was on special and to tell you the truth i bought it and the rack so long ago I don't remember much about it. The front suspension parts are all speedway motors stuff I'll build to the track width I want.